We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best restaurant in ST John for an anniversary celebration

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
greensboro, north...
Level Contributor
112 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Best restaurant in ST John for an anniversary celebration

We're going to be in STJ in midApril for a week and one night we want to celebrate an anniversary --we would like something "swanky" by STJ standards. Cost is secondary to quality of experience. What is best place for a romantic dining experience? Hopefully this place would have great food and a great view, but if you have a recommendation for one without the other, I would like to hear that too. Thanks in advance for your help on this one!

NH
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best restaurant in ST John for an anniversary celebration

Definitely Zozo's at Gallows Point. Get there by 6:00 and have a drink upstairs at the bar - amazing views. The food is fabulous - the Osso Bucco is one of my favorite all time meals. Reserve a table by the railing in the dining room.

Allen, Texas
Level Contributor
365 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best restaurant in ST John for an anniversary celebration

My hubby & I had a fabulous romantic dinner at the Crows Nest above the Zozo's restaurant at Gallows Point. Yes, it is a bar but you can eat right there and watch the sunset over St. Thomas. It was SO fabulous we had to record it and here it is! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3UPUc7nTps

I have also heard wonderful things about Asolare with sunset.

I think you can also have a romantic private dinner in the ruins at Caneel Bay Resort.

Good luck in your decision and as long as you are in St. John, it's sure to be romantic!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best restaurant in ST John for an anniversary celebration

Chateau Bordeaux is worth a look, as well. Amazing views over Coral Bay, though you don't get the sunset. Food is wonderful and service is always very good.

It's a bit of a drive if you're staying in/near Cruz Bay.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best restaurant in ST John for an anniversary celebration

I agree with the other posters who nominated Zozo's. Had our wedding night dinner (me, husband, and 2 friends) there last May and it was great.

Asolare was pretty good too. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

Also, you might want to consider a private dinner in the sugar mill ruins at Caneel Bay resort. I saw quite a few people do that while staying there and it looked really romantic. Don't know about cost though...

Good luck and have a great trip!!!

greensboro, north...
Level Contributor
112 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best restaurant in ST John for an anniversary celebration

Thank you for all the suggestions. I am glad that it looks like I have some great places to choose from. Now I just need for April to hurry up and get here!

6. Re: Best restaurant in ST John for an anniversary celebration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, August 17, 2009