We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House Hunter International STJ

North Carolina...
Level Contributor
214 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
House Hunter International STJ

Wednesday night's episode was on STJ, a couple from Chicago moving down full-time. They looked at 3 condos: Battery Hill, one in Pastory, and Cruz Views.

We stayed in that CV unit last summer! Alas, they did not select CV, which was the smallest and priciest.

On a positive note for the show, it appeared that for once all the beach and island footage was actually STJ!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,523 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House Hunter International STJ

I watched it and it was a good episode. I was sooo excited because we are staying in that unit in June.

Edited: 6:48 am, May 13, 2016
grand island, ny
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: House Hunter International STJ

I watched it. It was nice to see inside the units instead of just in pics. When we were considering Cruz Bay I was interested in a Cruz Views condo. They are about as compact as I figured. I don't know if I could live in them but they look perfect for vacation. Good episode. Coming from Western new York where you can get a decent house for $200,000, I always wonder how do people afford to live on the islands?

Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: House Hunter International STJ

They make, made, married into or inherited a lot of money.

Edited: 11:08 am, May 13, 2016
Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: House Hunter International STJ

Did the episode by any chance show them on Angel's Rest, docked in Coral Bay?

We saw a show being filmed on Angel's Rest and the same couple later on at the Beach Bar, back in December, and never caught the show. I assumed it was HGTV again.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,933 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: House Hunter International STJ

I missed it!!! What unit at Cruz Views did they show? We stayed in #9 last month and my sister & BIL stayed in #7. #7 has been completely redone. #9 was all original. (1980's) We would stay in either again. Agree that they are fine for a vacation, but TOO small to live in.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
4,251 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: House Hunter International STJ

I watched it...I knew where all the condo's were but I kept thinking she was crazy every time she said she didn't want to live close to town cause it was too busy. Made me wonder if she really had been to STJ before like she was comparing living in Chicago to living in Cruz Bay!!!

Long Valley, New...
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: House Hunter International STJ

Always enjoy seeing St John on TV in between visits. Just watched it last night on DVR.

newsofstjohn.com/2016/…

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,933 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: House Hunter International STJ

Thanks Ed - From the picture is looks like it might be unit #7. We knew it was for sale. I think $440,000. Anybody know?

North Carolina...
Level Contributor
214 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: House Hunter International STJ

Yes unit 7. Great for vacation. The show said 445k

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,933 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: House Hunter International STJ

It didn't have an oven, just a stove top. We thought that was strange. We had an oven/stove in #9, so we used it when we needed one and then ate at theirs because it actually had a small dining space for 4. Their bedroom was very small too. The info for the rental says it has a queen size bed, but my sister & BIL swear it's only a double.