We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orchid Knoll, Bay House - Any reviews?~

Clifton, Virginia
Level Contributor
42 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Orchid Knoll, Bay House - Any reviews?~

Trying to decide which villa is best for this summer for our small family. We have been to SJ before, and would like to find an economical villa rental. Stayed at either one? Please review! Thx!

rhode island
Level Contributor
388 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orchid Knoll, Bay House - Any reviews?~

what is best for your small family ?? give us some input of what you're looking for ? how young are your children ? these are two very different villas...one walking distance to 2 restaurants/shops...the other on a mountain, with nothing to walk to. one very private, one not. help us with some info and we'd be happy to give our opinions !!!

Clifton, Virginia
Level Contributor
42 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orchid Knoll, Bay House - Any reviews?~

Family of 5, with 3 kids aged 10-16. Worried Bay House might not be too private and a little noisy. Like the idea of mountain views! Thanks!

Ontario
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Orchid Knoll, Bay House - Any reviews?~

There are a few reviews of Orchid Knoll here:

virgin-islands-on-line.com/sj/…index.shtml

I noticed that there are five people in your family and only two bedrooms in the villas that you mentioned. Will the villa agency provide something for the third child to sleep on?

rhode island
Level Contributor
388 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orchid Knoll, Bay House - Any reviews?~

yes Bay house lacks real privacy...it is a nice moderate villa and an easy walk to 2 restaurants and shops. the pool is not very large. Orchid Villa is a unique, lovely villa ,with plenty of privacy and stunning views !!! the second bedroom is down at the pool area but this shouldn't be a problem since your children aren't babies/toddlers. nice pool and a hot tub too !! i've stayed in Bay House and we were content with it but if i had a choice i'd rent Orchid Knoll hands down !! i'm sure the rental agency can get you a "roll away" bed for the kids room....just check before you finalize your plans. also in the summer Orchid Knoll will be cooler than Bay House / although both have ac in bedrooms. good luck !!

crown point...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Orchid Knoll, Bay House - Any reviews?~

Does Orchid Knoll have a hat tub? Didn't see it in the ad. We have it rented May 29 - June 7 of 07 and are now trying to secure a jeep wrangler w/ a canvas top. Are there any companies on St. John that rent convertible jeeps? thanks for the help.

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orchid Knoll, Bay House - Any reviews?~

All the Jeep Wranglers that I have ever seen on STJ have 'rag' tops and you are NOT allowed to take the top down. I personally wouldn't want to even if they let you because you literally can expect a rain shower at any time. I remember once we were parked in town by Mongoose Junction and one second the sun was shining and next second it was pouring down rain. And I do mean pouring. Even with the top up the seats in our Jeep were wet. We NEVER go anywhere without towels in the Jeep so we can wipe it down the seats get wet. TIP: Keep the towels rolled up and in the center of the Jeep so they stay dry.

7. Re: Orchid Knoll, Bay House - Any reviews?~

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, August 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about St. John