We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo help

Ohio
Level Contributor
437 posts
Save Topic
Condo help

I'm looking for something within reasonable walking distance to Cruz Bay. Lavendar Hill looked to be a good choice, but they're booked for my dates. Anything similar in that area you could recommend? Looking for something under $300/nt for 2 people. Thanks.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo help

It really depends on what time of year you are travelling. Battery Hill is under $300 in the off season and some Gallows Point units are under $300 in the off season as well.

Ohio
Level Contributor
437 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo help

Are there good beaches and snorkeling within walking distance of Cruz Bay?

Palm Terrace Villas also looks nice.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
479 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo help

we booked Sernedip- www.serendipstjohn.com - check that one out.

Ohio
Level Contributor
437 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo help

Serendip looks good, but we really wanted a pool.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
479 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo help

oh ok, guess that one's out then :-) we didn't mind not having a pool since we figured we'd be beach-hopping. having a view was one of our priorities and all of the serendip condos have a view. good luck searching though! :)

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
479 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Condo help

oh, and Serendip is actually in the process of putting in a pool though....not sure when it's supposed to be done though, you could call and ask--- or even email--- they are super fast at replying to emails.

Davis, California
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Condo help

Jumping in on LeslieG's post!

My husband and I are booking our first trip to St John for the end of January for a week. We are considering:

-Coconut Coast Villas

-Serendip

-Rosebay through Caribbean Villas

-Le Sanctuaire through Carfree Getaways

-Star Villas (Star View or Papaya II

-Azul de Mar or Bougainvillea through Mahogany Tree Villas

kac2- Would you recomend Serendip over some of the others (if you know any of the others)? We are trying to keep our accommodations below $300 per night; otherwise, we'd book Estate Lindholm which looks great, but it is high season and it is above $300. Oh well. Thanks!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
479 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Condo help

I am not familiar with the others. I did alot of research, but don't remember coming across those. I just happened to see Serendip online, and the reviews I found were very good, also, all of their 1 bedrooms and studios do have a view. Tom and Nancy ( the owners) have been very prompt at returning my emails when I have questions about anything. They seem like very nice folks and I have read good reviews about them online as well. It's kinda hard to find the reviews on Serendip online- i had to dig for them and only found about 5 or 6.

I've never been to St. John before. But hopefully we made the right choice booking Serendip. I think it looks like a lovely place, and I want a view (and A/C)! For as cheap as I can get.

Davis, California
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Condo help

We just booked Coconut Coast Villas for a week at the end of January 2007. It is walking distance to Cruz Bay, all condos have views of the water, it has a pool, is on Turner Bay, which is a small rocky beach, and the owners are on site, so help with places to eat, etc. The price is $269 per night for a studio suite, more for a 2 or 3 bedroom. The reviews online on all of the message boards are really good. So I hope we are happy. It looks similar to Serendip in many ways.

Now I am searching the message boards for jeep rental companies and a restaurant for my birthday while we are there! Can't wait...

Enjoy!

Charleston, SC
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Condo help

Kac2

Where on St John is Seredip located? Considering it for May 07 too!