We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding st thomas, st johns where?

9 posts
Save Topic
wedding st thomas, st johns where?

We want to get married on St Thomas or St Johns in Feb '06. We are going to have about 50 people. Considering the Wyndham (Thomas) or Westin (John's) - I'm reading terrible things about the Wyndham and the Westin is very expensive... Any thoughts?

memphis
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding st thomas, st johns where?

I am getting married in August of this year on St. John. Have you contacted a wedding planner to discuss your options for a location? We decided beach ceremony at sunset but haven't yet decided on which beach. You might also want to look into renting a large villa and having it there. Good luck!

9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding st thomas, st johns where?

Are you having many people? Are you looking at a resort? Why did you rule out St. Thomas?

memphis
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding st thomas, st johns where?

Formana

We aren't having a large ceremony. In fact, it will be just he and I. We wanted something personal and intimate without all the wedding hoopla and expense. We've both been married before, so this seemed appropriate for us. We were looking at St. Thomas origanally and planned to stay at the Marriott on the beach. But after talking to people who've visited both islands, St. John's won out with no contest. Not as much night life I hear, but that's not what we're looking for anyway.

memphis
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding st thomas, st johns where?

Oh and also, we are staying 3 nights at the Westin on St. John and then a week at a private villa.

Syosset, New York
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wedding st thomas, st johns where?

I think that St. Thomas is your best bet..and i think that st. thomas has more night life then st. johns but that is just my opinion..have you ever thought of having your ceremony at the Ritz Carlton? It is soo pretty there!! It is ther perfect place i think to have the wedding..if you are considering the Marriot..that is such a nice place to but when you have the ceremony do it when all of the cruise ships are leaving and make sure that you have teh ceremony on the date that there are cruise ship in!! Congratulations!! I hope i helped

Helen

9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: wedding st thomas, st johns where?

Do you think that the Ritz is in the same price range as the Wyndham for weddings? I know the rooms are so much more expensive

Syosset, New York
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wedding st thomas, st johns where?

umm i dont know..it probably depends on how many people you are bringing and the view from the room but here is the web site to The Ritz Carlton in St. Thomas:

ritzcarlton.com/resorts/…default.html

if you have any questions please just ask or email me at htangel7589@optonline.net and put like wedding in st. thomas in the subject!

-Helen

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wedding st thomas, st johns where?

I got married on St. John two years ago. It was wonderful. Can't say enough good things about it. However, ours was an intimate affair....about 10 people total. I personally am not a big fan of St. Thomas.....too many people, etc. With 50 people, it might be a challenge on St. John. Renting villas would be an option.....some can sleep as many as 10-12 people. I planned my wedding with the help of a wedding planner on St. John. She did everything for me. We got married on the beach at Trunk Bay and had our "reception" at the Stone Terrace. For a smaller affair....St. John is definitely the place. For something as large as yours, you may want to consider St. Thomas. (But make sure you make it over to St. John to visit!)

Boston
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: wedding st thomas, st johns where?

Do you still have the name of the wedding planner or even of a travel agent who could help our guests with their travel plans if they want to rent villas?

Thanks,

R