We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Runner Boat Rental Access

St. John
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Ocean Runner Boat Rental Access

There have been a number of "improvements" made at Wharfside Village in the past few weeks. One of the changes that have been made is to completely cut off Ocean Runner Boat Rental access from Wharfside. If you are renting a boat (and I hope you do, it's a blast), you will now access Ocean Runner directly from the beach area where the boats are moored, right next to the ferry dock. If you park at Slimman's Parking Lot for the day, you can cut through Wharfside and take any stairs to the beach, then go up the steps near where the boats are moored to pick up your boat and start your day of fun.

Here is the Ocean Runner web site:

http://www.oceanrunnerusvi.com/

Have fun!

-Ruth on St. John

Mentioned in this post
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Runner Boat Rental Access

Ruth,

Thanks for the information.

I just read your story on another site. What a great story!!

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Runner Boat Rental Access

Hi Ruth! Thanks for posting about this... it is not so good for the Ocean Runner guys, what they have done at Wharfside... but I am glad you are letting people know how to find them.

The only people effected by this particular "improvement" is Ocean Runner and Me! My office is right there and now it looks like I have to fight the tides to get to work! Oh well, I happen to like the beach :)

Also, I will update the "map" on the Ocean Runner site in the next week to reflect the changes.

Their email is oceanrunnerusvi@earthlink.net and there number is 340-693-8809

St. John
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Runner Boat Rental Access

Well this will definitely affect your choice of footwear!

-Ruth

4. Re: Ocean Runner Boat Rental Access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, August 21, 2009