We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My girlfriend is a vegetarian - will she starve?

dallas,tx
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
My girlfriend is a vegetarian - will she starve?

Hi,

I need some help here. I am trying to decide weather to go to St. John for vacation late October. My girlfriend is a vegetarian. I just don't want her to spend her whole vacation only eating appetizers vs. fruits. What has been your experience? Do the restaurants there have a vegetarian dishes. I am staying at Gallows Point resort. I have heard that you can sometimes pay someone to cook for you?

Thanks for any info.

NY
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: My girlfriend is a vegetarian - will she starve?

This new vegetarian restaurant is opening in mid-Oct: www.satyamuna.com. Looks tasty!

NH
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My girlfriend is a vegetarian - will she starve?

I think she will be just fine. I saw vegetarian entrees on almost every men (Zozo, Panini Grill definitely have them - even Skinny legs has a portobello sandwich!). I think you're girlfriend will eat very well.

NH
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My girlfriend is a vegetarian - will she starve?

Oops - meant to say "on every menU".

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My girlfriend is a vegetarian - will she starve?

Cafe Roma would also be a safe bet - pizza and good vegetarian pasta dishes. Gallows is in a great location from which you can walk to many of these restaurants.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
496 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My girlfriend is a vegetarian - will she starve?

Hi There, I am also a Veggan! Have been to St.John many times & have never had a problem! most places alway's have something tasty! Have Fun!! The Ref's Wife (Rachelle) cleveland

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My girlfriend is a vegetarian - will she starve?

Because we don't always have a variety of fresh produce available, you should ask when you go out to dine. May places will do an entree that is vegetarian but it will change on a daily basis to maximize the fresh items that are available at that moment. The finer restaurants can be very accommodating if you tell them what your "restrictions" are. The Stone Terrace has an entry on their menu that says "Vegetarian, ask your server for details on tonight's special". Deli Grotto has several (tasty!) menu items that are vegetarian, as well as China Shack.

Don't worry, she won't starve! She will just be a little more limited.

St. John
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: My girlfriend is a vegetarian - will she starve?

I happened by a soon-to-open new place at the Marketplace the other day. I think it's opening around October 15th.

Here's the scoop:

www.satyamuna.com

See you there!

-Ruth

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
496 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My girlfriend is a vegetarian - will she starve?

Forgot to mention if u go over to coral bay, an open air Rest./Bar on the water has Great homemade Fresh! Veggie Burgers! The place is called Shipwreck Landing also Island Blue was a great stop on that side also.

PA
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My girlfriend is a vegetarian - will she starve?

my wife and i are vegetarians- and we will be in st. john earlier in the month.

i will post upon my return if i venture into any noteworthy vegetarian-friendly places!

washington
Level Contributor
187 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My girlfriend is a vegetarian - will she starve?

dutchstar; look forward to your trip report on veggie dining. thanks