We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalie Car Rental St. Thomas

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Point Pleasant, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
Amalie Car Rental St. Thomas

Has anyone used Amalie Car Rental in St. Thomas? They offer airport gate pickup and you return vehicle at the airport. They also advertise that there vehicles can be taken to St.John and are covered if something happens there. Price is $595. For a 4 door jeep. Good price?

35 replies to this topic
denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Amalie Car Rental St. Thomas

Hi, We are arriving in St Thomas around the 4th. This is our second time using Amalie car rental. Cannot beat the amazing service. Hassle free. Works best to call them. The owner is extremely helpful. Might be a few bucks more but worth every cent.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Amalie Car Rental St. Thomas

Just returned from a trip to the USVI. Rented from Amalie and am so glad we did! Renting on STT and taking car barge to St. John is the way to go for us! Amy James and her staff were wonderful. They were waiting for us on the airport curb with our name displayed on an iPad, I jumped into the jeep with Amy and headed 1 minute down the road to the Best Western where she explained a few things, I signed, and headed back to pick up my husband and our bags. Returning jeep was easy as well - they met us at the curb, we grabbed our bags and headed through customs. Easy rental experience, fabulous new jeep and excellent service. I would rent from them again in a heartbeat. Paid $554 for a Jeep Wrangler (2-door) for 7 days. Thanks, Amy and Eva!

covington ga
Level Contributor
337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Amalie Car Rental St. Thomas

we had same great experience as joy (and prior positive posts) for our trip 7/10 to 7/14. jeep almost new and very clean and liked big mat in rear of 2 dr rather than folding seats for the 2 of us. i've always rented on stt (16 prior trips) & though worried about, never had a mechanical problem on stj. amalie provides normal stj service for mechanical issues.

will definitely use again for next trip.

papabou

iop
usa
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Amalie Car Rental St. Thomas

Absolutely! Great car service! Will use again.

Rancho Cordova CA...
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Amalie Car Rental St. Thomas

Good luck google the budget island rental reviews

Boston...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Amalie Car Rental St. Thomas

Amalie is the best! We have used them the past few years and have been very pleased with their service. Previously we had rented on island with St John Car Rental and were very happy with their service as well. Remember, they are all "on island time" so getting a prompt reply will probably not happen!

Point Pleasant, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Amalie Car Rental St. Thomas

I used there service last summer and was very impressed with them. They are there when we arrived and drop off was easy. We will use them again this year. They are a little more money but worth it in the end. There vehicles are new and there is no wasted time when you arrive.

Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Amalie Car Rental St. Thomas

This is helpful info! We have been renting at the Westin for the past few years and are considering using Amalie and making the trek across St. Thomas and onto St. John via the car barge this June with a party of 6 in a Durango. I think we'll be fine. We have read that this quickly becomes the preferred way once you've done it. With the Westin ferry under renovation and with taking both of our parents with us this time and having to lug our bags into and out of the car once, we think this will be our best bet, plus being able to be on your schedule for the most part. Glad to hear so many have had great experiences. Our folks trust my husband and I to 'be the experts' when we get down there--I think this will help us keep our cred! Fingers crossed the car barges are as reliable as most say they are! Thanks all!

Central Oregon...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Amalie Car Rental St. Thomas

After reading reviews on car rental agencies in St. Thomas we decided to go with Amalie Car Rental. I could not find a negative review for Amalie whereby I found that other car rental agencies on the island had reviews complaining about delays, add on fees, dirty vehicles, and breakdowns. Amalie Car Rental had all new 2015 vehicles. Our 4-door jeep was immaculate, filled with gas, and worked beautifully for the 2 weeks we had it. When we arrived at the airport the Amalie representative met us and within minutes and we were on our way with our vehicle. Drop off at departure was just as easy as we were able to leave the jeep in airport parking with the keys in the glove compartment. Amy was a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend using Amalie Car Rental if needing a vehicle on St. Thomas and/or St. John.

denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Amalie Car Rental St. Thomas

We have used them two years in a row. One on St. Thomas and one we took over to St John. One of the easiest rentals we've had anywhere and we travel a lot. They meet you curb front at the airport both ways.

Reply to: Amalie Car Rental St. Thomas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted