We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waiting around for cheaper airfare????

NC
Level Contributor
808 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Waiting around for cheaper airfare????

We usually purchase our tickets by now for our summer holiday in STJ - but they are so stinking high! Two quesitons: How do you feel about purchasing from USAir and should we wait it out a little bit longer for tickets to go down. Seems like they sometimes are reduced after spring break!? Thanks so much!

Bel Air
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Waiting around for cheaper airfare????

Depending on where you depart, prices will go down. I went thru usair last week and saved 260.00, leaving from philly. now i need a villa. wait and check everyday.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Waiting around for cheaper airfare????

I think you will be fine purchasing through USAir. It looks like they are going to be kept on life support through the end of '05. Because airlines make most of their money during the summer and holiday travel season, you can assume that if they make it to March, they'll make it through December.

If you are truly concerned, buy a fully refundable fare on another airline just in case or make sure you have a decent cancellation policy wherever you decide to stay. As long as you follow the news, there will be plenty of warning before they completely shut-down operations.

atlanta
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Waiting around for cheaper airfare????

Try www.AA.com they are running a Caribbean Sale thru June 15, 2005 and tickets must be purchased by March 2. 2005.

You will find it under Net SAAver & Special Offers on the top left of the web site. I saw a flight out of Charlotte for $345.00,

last year our friends got a flight for $255.00 from Charlotte to St. Thomas but who knows about this year.

NC
Level Contributor
808 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waiting around for cheaper airfare????

Thanks for all the advice. I saw that great special, unfortunately we need to depart on the '18th' of June!?!