We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day to to Jost?

fedekat
Level Contributor
67 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Day to to Jost?

Hello-

I am deciding between taking a day sail trip to Jost Van Dyke or should I just do a trip around St John for snorkeling?

Is JVD really worth it? It looks like another beach with places to eat, or am I wrong?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
183 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day to to Jost?

What do you want to do? Snorkel or beach and relax?

The sail or excursion around St. John would allow you the opportunity to snorkel areas that you would not be able to ordinarily by vehicle or by foot on St. John. It would also let you see the island by a different point of view. I know some smaller charters take you to some cays that are further out than one could swim.

With a sail like kekoa, you take a leisurely sail and then snorkel one location and then have lunch, go through customs(make sure you have your passport or passport card), then head over to white bay on Jost Van Dyke. It is a beautiful white sand beach. You can have a drink at Soggy Dollar or one of the other beach bars and relax and then sail back.

The other option would be to take the passenger ferry in the morning over the Jost and spend the day at White Bay. You get there early enough to be one of the first on the beach. It is a relaxing day. You let your taxi cab driver know that you need to be picked up in time for the ferry and you can either skip Foxy's or you can visit it, but it is very slow during the day. I would skip it in favor of more beach time. Walk down the beach to One Love for lunch.

Once again if you are into snorkeling then skip Jost Van Dyke.

2. Re: Day to to Jost?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 17, 2015