We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in Cruz Bay

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging in Cruz Bay

My husband and I are going to St. John the end of April for a week. We are leaning towards Gallows Point or Grande Bay Resort. What is the main advantages and disadvantages of these two resorts? And, is there other comparable lodging in Cruz Bay that you would recommend?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging in Cruz Bay

We have stayed at Grande Bay previously and are returning in March. We love the location (closer to Cruz Bay than Gallows) and the units are large with everything you need. However, for just the two of us we actually prefer Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel. CBBH is a room only but they have a continental breakfast each morning on the upper deck/covered balcony. There is also no pool. But for two people it is perfect, economical, really cute, clean, save, comfortable and steps away from Cruz Bay. For us, Grande Bay is great when we are taking our adult children (which was the case and will be the case in March) but it is overkill for the two of us.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging in Cruz Bay

Gallows Point has beautiful grounds, views, a small rocky beach and snorkeling right there.

Grande Bay is all concrete. Across the road from the water, but you can't swim or snorkel there. Too many boats.

Rochester, Minnesota
Level Contributor
87 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging in Cruz Bay

We stayed at Gallows Point and loved it. The snorkeling was very good, the grounds were beautiful, and it's a short walk to town. Definitely a great stay!

Brighton, Michigan
Level Contributor
280 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging in Cruz Bay

Gallows Point, as mentioned above, is right on the water and has excellent snorkeling, manicured grounds, on site restaurant (Ocean 362), concierge service and small market (gallows gift & gourmet shop). Ocean view rooms are quiet, since they face St Thomas. Harbor view rooms get some of the noise from Cruz Bay. Pool is small, but very nicely laid out. Lots of spots to relax next to the water. A couple of hammocks on the beach is a nice touch.

I have not stayed at Grand Bay, but reviews I have read have been very good.

5. Re: Lodging in Cruz Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 22, 2015