We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Reliability

Litchfield, CT
Level Contributor
54 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Flight Reliability

Hello All,

Just finishing out our first St. John visit, and with the exception of one hitch, we have loved it.

The hitch, unfortunately, is a big one. We were scheduled to fly back to JFK on Jan. 2nd. As everyone knows, this is the day the Storm O'the Century du jour shut the airport down. We tried every possible option to fly back as early as possible, and we managed reservations for St. Thomas-San Juan-JKK flight tomorrow night at 6:00. A number of people behind us in line aren't getting out until Thursday!

We have made the best of our surprise extension in paradise, but it has caused a number of conveniences back home.

My question: we would love to repeat our St. John Christmas, but how unusual are scrambled flight plans like these?

Thanks!

Waitsfield, Vermont
Level Contributor
749 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Flight Reliability

Wow! You're attitude is pretty amazing! It would be hard for me to really enjoy the extra time on STJ since I'd be spending so much time trying to figure out the possible options. Plus, how many of us have budgeted for an extra 8 days on STJ? Good luck, and let's hope the travel gods are looking out for you on the 10th.

Litchfield, CT
Level Contributor
54 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Flight Reliability

It is going to hurt financially, but I am trying to be Buddhist. There is only so much scrambling you can do when there aren't ants eats out of the Caribbean (confirmed by friends who are travel agents). The polar vortex helps.

From your wishes to the travel gods' ears!

13. Re: Flight Reliability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:30 am, January 10, 2015