We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help? Air Condition in August? Is it necessary?

virginia
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Help? Air Condition in August? Is it necessary?

Hello

We visited St.John last year in August and we had a fully air conditioned villa. It seemed necessary. We are having a hard time finding one this year and trying to determine whether we can survive with just air conditioning in the bedroom. The villa we are looking at would be fifty feet from the water...

Thanks in advance

Ken

Wyoming
Level Contributor
281 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help? Air Condition in August? Is it necessary?

I think it just depends on what you are used to. We went to St. John at the end of May and just had AC in the bedroom. It was pretty unbearable in the late afternoon and evening as we didn't get much of a breeze at all. I think having it fully airconditioned would just make it much more comfortable and enjoyable. After being at the beach all day and in the sun, coming back to a cool villa to relax would be the best! Next time we go to St. John I will only get a fully air conditioned villa.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help? Air Condition in August? Is it necessary?

Whether a/c is "needed" or not is a pretty individual thing. Some folks are fine with just fans (remember that people did live on STJ for a long time before a/c and that even now people stay at Maho, Cinnamon and Concordia). Some are happy just having it in a bedroom. Others are miserable unless the whole house has it. But since you were there last August and found it necessary, you'll probably feel the same this August.

Holland MI
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help? Air Condition in August? Is it necessary?

Air also depends on where you're staying. I've stayed in Catherineburg many times and several times above Coral Bay and never wanted air. The one time we stayed on Great Cruz Bay we needed it because the afternoon sun beats on you.

4. Re: Help? Air Condition in August? Is it necessary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 15, 2009