We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Fire? Old La Plancha location.

north carolina
Level Contributor
413 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin Fire? Old La Plancha location.

Just saw online that owners of Sun Dog Cafe are opening a restaurant in the La Plancha location. Anyone heard what it will be like?

East End
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Fire? Old La Plancha location.

caribbean fusion cuisine , locally sourced when possible i..

sloop

north carolina
Level Contributor
413 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Fire? Old La Plancha location.

Sounds yummy. Will try it in March when we are there.

Killingworth...
Level Contributor
45 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin Fire? Old La Plancha location.

To open mid-October

Cuyahoga Falls...
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin Fire? Old La Plancha location.

They just got a website up... and are testing out the menu this week (so what's on here isn't necessarily final).

http://www.virginfirevi.com/

St. John
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin Fire? Old La Plancha location.

Just a quick note from the proprietor: Thanks to a dedicated staff, we opened Virgin Fire two days ago, as quietly as possible, because we want to take our time and make sure that we can please every guest right from the start. We've had a lot of interest in the project, and are very appreciative of the support we've already seen from the St. John community. Our website is rudimentary, but the menu is up, and while we will be working on some of the details, it shows the concept's culinary direction. We serve dinner seven nights a week, form 4 pm to 10 pm, and offer half price appetizers from 4 to 5:30 daily, and invite you to enjoy the place and let us know how we can best be of service. Thanks!

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
429 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin Fire? Old La Plancha location.

You walked us through your new restaurant this past October when we were vacationing. It looks amazing? We cant wait to try it out next year! Best of luck to you!

Parker, Colorado
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin Fire? Old La Plancha location.

We're on island and ready to visit!

St. John
Level Contributor
244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Virgin Fire? Old La Plancha location.

Best of luck- we were at Sun Dog for the new season of Open Mic and it looked like Virgon Fire was ready to GO!!!

Leesburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Virgin Fire? Old La Plancha location.

My husband & I ate here on Wednesday, Oct. 30th (I think, vacation days blur together) and the food and service were AMAZING!! We stumbled upon it completely by accident and are so happy we did. The hostess said we were their first customers, which made us a little nervous, but our fears were quickly diminished. We will definitely eat here again!

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Virgin Fire? Old La Plancha location.

We ate there Friday. Somewhat different experience from Cookie. The food was great. The service in terms of attention was also great, but they have some bugs they need to work out in terms of timing. I know we're on Island time, but 1:15 to get appetizers was pretty slow. They are aware of the issue and apologized several times. They also bought us drinks to compensate. So very positive on these notes and the food. If you go soon, be prepared for a leisurely dinner. But it'll be good. We'll definitely be back, and I'm sure they will have worked the kinks out