We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather???

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Current weather???

Less than 48hrs and we will be on the island.....seems like a lifetime since we booked the trip. So excited! Of course we have been checking the weather daily and today see there is a storm sitting over the islands. Weather channel says it should be gone by Friday afternoon.... But I don't always get the best results from the WC.... Any news on the local front about the weather. See you guys Saturday!

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,221 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current weather???

The weather will be back to normal by the time you get here. We've had rain for two days thanks to the front moving through but it's pretty much stopped now and I fully expect to see the sun shining as usual tomorrow morning and be able to get in my washing from the line which has been thoroughly rinsed many times over!

Pack plenty of sunscreen and don't worry!

St. John
Level Contributor
244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current weather???

It has rained all night. They still are saying it is suppose to be over sometime today.

Charlotte, North...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Current weather???

Thanks for the info.... A rainy day in St. John still beats a sunny day in most places.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,658 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Current weather???

They (St John) received 9"-10" yesterday with 5" expected today - glad I am Stateside until Sunday :)

Pia

Mass
Level Contributor
158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current weather???

Bugspray!!!

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,221 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current weather???

We thought the worst was over but around 7PM the thunder and lightning came back with a vengeance and then it was a total deluge for hours thereafter until the wee hours of the morning. The water from higher up came cascading down my steep driveway, across the private road and into the waiting gut with such force it sounded like the Niagara Falls! Still grey and drizzly today but the worst does now seem to be over and it's supposed to keep clearing through today. Soggy but infinitely preferable to a hurricane!

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current weather???

It didn't rain a drop all day today, Friday, here on top of Crown Mt. in STT.

You can also look at the radar or satellite loops on www.weathercarib.com to get a current outlook.

8. Re: Current weather???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 08, 2014