We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zozo's is Moving :-(

Long Valley, New...
Level Contributor
975 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Zozo's is Moving :-(

Very disappointed to hear this. Nothing beat being steps away (we always stay at Gallows Point) and dining at the bar with the amazing sunset views and the lights of St Thomas (not to mention great food). Won't be the same taking the drive to Caneel, and now wondering who will take their place.

http://www.on-stjohn.com/

ZoZo’s heads to Caneel Bay

July 9th, 2013

ZoZo’s Ristorante owner John Ferrigno is swapping one great sunset spot for another great sunset spot, taking his restaurant to Caneel Bay, after almost 14 years at Gallows Point.

Feriigno will take over the Sugar Mill restaurant at Caneel Bay, bringing his management team, a renovation and a new menu when it reopens this fall.

The Sugar Mill, at the top of an 18th century sugar mill ruins on Caneel’s property, will be renamed ZoZo’s at the Sugar Mill.

The restaurant will undergo major renovations this summer and is expected to be ready when the resort re-opens after its annual low season closing, around November 1.

Caneel’s other restaurants aren’t affected by the changes.

ZoZo’s moved from what is now Fatty Crab to Gallows Point in 1999.

POP QUIZ: What restaurants were there between ZoZo’s and Fatty Crab?

http://newsofstjohn.com/

Zozo’s Ristorante is On the Move

July 8, 2013

One of St. John’s most popular fine dining spots will have a new home later this year.

ZoZo’s Ristorante announced Friday that it is leaving its current location at Gallows Point Resort after 13 years. ZoZo’s isn’t going too far, however, as it plans to move just down the road over at Caneel Bay.

ZoZo’s will move into the space currently occupied by the Sugar Mill restaurant. The old 18th century sugar mill will undergo renovations this summer led by ZoZo’s owner John Ferrigno. ZoZo’s will open in its new location on November 1 after Caneel’s annual seasonal closure.

We’re curious – Now that ZoZo’s is leaving Gallows, what would you like to see go into its old spot?

Update: We just confirmed that Gallows wanted to increase the lease rate significantly, which prompted the move.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,753 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Zozo's is Moving :-(

The store at Gallows just sold but the previous owners needed to return to the states for personal reasons, certainly not anything that Gallows had a part of.

STJ is not an easy place to live and do business. Change is constant, not much that can be done about it.

kod
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Zozo's is Moving :-(

I just have to wonder if the new Zozo's at Caneel will be raising their prices for food and wine. Many times when successful restaurants move to larger places it backfires on them. I also hope that the store will be up and running. To me the owners did not seem to be too happy and while polite, I did not find them to be very personable. There have been quite a few changes lately: Woody's, Beach Bar, Zozo's, La Plancha, closing of Donkey Diner.

NY metro
Level Contributor
565 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Zozo's is Moving :-(

I'm wondering if the new ZoZo's will be part of the Caneel FAP/MAP. I don't usually book such, but with ZoZo's at Caneel; I'll have little reason to leave the resort.

I'll give the desk a call and ask after I book.

Corydon, Indiana
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
34. Re: Zozo's is Moving :-(

Here's a little more info that Caneel posted on their Facebook page this morning. Doesn't give any info on the inclusion in the MAP/FAP., but unless they open Turtle Bay or the Beach Terrace nightly in the summer, I would think it would have to be included. (I couldn't get this to post as a link. Sorry.)

stjohntradewindsnews.com/index.php/591-news/…

Wilkesboro NC
Level Contributor
48 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Zozo's is Moving :-(

Is Zozos going to stay open in the original location until the end of this season?

richmond
4 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Zozo's is Moving :-(

Go to www.stjohntradewindsnews.com....a little more info on the plans for Zozo's at Caneel

Camp Hill
Level Contributor
154 posts
1 review
Save Reply
37. Re: Zozo's is Moving :-(

Is Zozo's still open for business? We'll be there in 2 weeks.

Camp Hill
Level Contributor
154 posts
1 review
Save Reply
38. Re: Zozo's is Moving :-(

Ahhh...I just read that they are closing on July 27. So sad for us. We'll miss out on this trip.

39. Re: Zozo's is Moving :-(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 23, 2014