We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from San Juan

Merritt Island...
Level Contributor
56 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from San Juan

Well, I last posted on this forum over a year ago. We were trying really hard to put together a trip to St. John in the fall of 2012 but just couldn't swing it. Once again, we are really, really hoping we can pull it off this year -- in November or December. I just changed the wallpaper on my computer to the famous Trunk Bay shot, and my mind is already in the islands.....big time! Okay, enough rambling. We have a lot of points on Southwest Airlines, so it would be easy (and free) to get to San Juan. From the research I've done so far, it doesn't seem so easy (or cheap) to get from San Juan to St. Thomas and then St. John. Does anybody have and insight on this? Is it possible or just too much hassle?

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
7,770 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from San Juan

Prices vary widely depending on date. It's not a hassle to get from San Juan to St Thomas, so I would try various dates on the service providers sites to see when prices are more favorable. Cape Air, Seaborn Airlines, Jet Blue, and a few other small local planes regularly make the trip.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,715 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from San Juan

It is more difficult than it was a year ago, as American Eagle no longer flies the route. None the less, the trip is doable ... just requiring a little more research.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
196 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from San Juan

There are multiple flights a day between SJU and STT made by Jet Blue, Cape Air, and Seaborne Airlines. While the cost is high for a 90 mile flight, it's not a deal breaker by any means.

Here is a sample $192. r/t fare from Jet Blue:

https://book.jetblue.com/B6/webqtrip.html…

and another from Seaborne Airlines for $161. r/t::

…videcom.com/seaborneairlines/VARS/Public/Fl…

Rocky Dock

Water Island

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from San Juan

Seaborne has some really good fares from SJU to STT ranging from $150 - $170 r/t. Jet Blue was abit higher at $190 r/t. Cape Air was off the charts at $350 r/t. Check early and check often.

Mike in Tulsa

Merritt Island...
Level Contributor
56 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from San Juan

Thank you all for the info. I'll keep checking prices on the various carriers. Appreciate the help.

Franklin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from San Juan

We use this site to search. Helps us plan trips dates around prices.

matrix.itasoftware.com/search.htm

Merritt Island...
Level Contributor
56 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from San Juan

Thank you, Nolag. Hadn't heard of that site before. Appreciate the tip.

8. Re: Transportation from San Juan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 08, 2014