We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A villa with a view?

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
160 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
A villa with a view?

I've been researching a 1st time trip to STJ and found some beautiful villas for rent. Traveling with my wife and our 2 kids (11 & 9). My question is this:

I found an awesome villa....Bismarkia....vbro listing #450022, but it doesn't have a view of the ocean or any water for that mater, but It does have a beautiful pool and spectacular interior...This villa has "got it going on", but no get up in the morning, sip your coffee to the sunrise feel nor the glass of wine watch the sunset vibe. Villa is located in the fish bay region and was wondering if that would be too far a drive if we had a few dinners in Cruz Bay?...I assume the roads aren't lit at night?

So, do we go with the great villa or choose something closer to Cruz Bay with a view?

We of course are renting a jeep for the week. Traveling spring break 2014 and was also curious about the weather in mid April?

Thank you.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,727 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: A villa with a view?

Take a look at Wings Over Water www.vacationvistas.com I think it will be everything you are looking for and is available the first half of April (don't know when your spring break is). If spring break is later, take a look at Argonauta (also with VV). It's available from April 19th on.

Irmo, South Carolina
Level Contributor
180 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: A villa with a view?

You need Sopra Mare villa in chocolate hole!!! We love this villa!!! It is on vrbo. Also mike mullen the owner is completing a new villa also. Both unbelievable views from the entire villa!! Check it out, we were blown away when arrived last yr. The house was even better than the pictures! ! Needless to say we are staying there again this yr!

maine
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: A villa with a view?

Check out villa La Lappin II, Caribbean villas handles it, we stayed there in December, great east west views, really nice pool area and very nice home, has internal staircase too which is great if you have children. That's something o watch out for many, STJ homes have exterior stairways, which with kids you may want to avoid. It over looks chocolate hole so it's handy to Cruz bay. Enjoy your trip!

St. John
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: A villa with a view?

Check out Palm Vista Villa in Fish Bay - Rated "one of the top 10 villa views in the WORLD!" One of the few villas on St John which has Sunrise to Sunset views.

philadelphia
7 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: A villa with a view?

We have stayed at Miles Away and Daffodil Villa - both in Fish Bay Area. Miles Away is a bit more upscale. But Daffodil has killer views. Both sunrise and sunset. It has everything you could want/need. We traveled here this past spring and it was fantastic for our family of 4 (kids 12 & 14).

Love this area of island. It's quiet but convenient to so much. I agree with the others - gotta have the view. It's what we come all this way for...

Bowie, Maryland
5 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: A villa with a view?

There are two basic types of views- close to the water, or sweeping from higher up. For close in views, look for houses on Maria Bluff area - nice western views towards StThomas & sunset. Some right on the water are Sopra Mare, Belvedere, Serenity, Nautilus, etc. then there are ones further up in Chocolate Hole, such as Allesandra, and he houses in Virgin Grande and Gifft Hill. North shore views from Catherineberg villas. Then on the coral bay side suggestions for sweeping views are Mamey Peak & Bordeaux

Edited: 6:43 pm, July 07, 2013
Irmo, South Carolina
Level Contributor
180 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: A villa with a view?

Sopra mare! In chocolate hole, close to cruz bay. You won't be disappointed!

18. Re: A villa with a view?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 09, 2014