We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Praise for Destination St. John

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NH
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Praise for Destination St. John

Just wanted to pass along a very positive experience. After endless searching for accomodations for 10-12, I had booked 2 villas from DSJ for next April. The villas were right next door to each other (Cara Mia and White Cottage) so would work for our group that wants to spend lost of time together. I got a call on Thursday afternoon from Laura at DSJ that the owner of White Cottage was going to be on island the week I had reserved so the villa would not be available. Needless to say, I was devastated!! Well, Laura felt my pain and already had a list of alternatives in hand, all within my budget (and many from other agencies, mind you!!) She stayed at work until after 7 Thursday night, calling around, checking websites, searching availability and offering advice. All this while the posibility existed that I would be canceling both villas with her (for a full refund, of course). We found a villa to replace the one I couldn't have (Golden Dragon, on the other side of Cara Mia) and all is well. I just thought Laura handled this difficult situation extremely well and we have a happy result.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Praise for Destination St. John

I too have been dealing with Lori at DSJ to book for next april and found ther to be very patient and helpful! Glad it all worked out for you.

atlanta
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Praise for Destination St. John

we've always used them and always had a great experience too! customer NO service is unfortunately everywhere, even at st john, but we haven't seen anything negative with destination st john! we will be at cara mia in a few weeks. i'll post a report and let you know how it is. i am excited to stay there- it looks fun!

julee

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Praise for Destination St. John

Hi Julee, cara mia looks like such a nice villa. Unfortunately is wasn't available when we needed in June. Are you familiar with the Reef Bay View villa by any chance? We were going to book Coral Rays but were afraid that is was too far out and not close enough to the water. I loved the location of Reef Bay View but am a little concerned that the villa may be a little dated. Oh, and since you have been there before have you had problems with bugs and spiders and other scary creatures??

Hope you have great trip!

Donna

Allentown, PA
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Praise for Destination St. John

Donna,

We stayed in Reef Bay View a couple of years ago and it was a little dated but everything worked and the beds and furniture were all very comfortable and we had a fantastic time. One thing to keep in mind is that almost anywhere you stay on St John you are going to have to drive to get to the beach. Reef Bay View sounds like an easy walk to the beach but believe me, it is not. There is a path down a steep hill that is very difficult going down and almost impossible going up or a winding road that ends up being more than a half mile walk. We walked down once and drove down the rest of the time. It is not a great swimming beach anyway. The views from reef Bay View are fantastic though and we enjoyed our stay thoroughly.

We are staying at Coral Rays in January so we will see. Since you are going to get in the jeep anytime you go to the beach or snorkling anyway the distance doesn't really matter and the beaches you want to go to are mostly on the North side of the island anyway so I don't consider the location of Coral Rays to be a problem. Sounds like the road up there is an experience but you are going to have that on St. John. No matter where you stay you are going to love it.

John

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Praise for Destination St. John

Thank you so much for the info John. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed Reef Bay View,.I think we will be fine, and its good to know the beds are comfortable. My concern has been for the the lack of a/c but I know that will be fine too!

Thanks again, I hope you have a great stay in January!

6. Re: Praise for Destination St. John

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, August 12, 2009