We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report 4/27-5/3

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salem
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Trip report 4/27-5/3

Got back 2 weeks ago and just able to come up for air after re-entry into the work world. They always seem to ride you extra hard before and after vacation! Anyways ...

Rachel picked us up at the airport and was great, a nice way to start vacation!

Rented villa Venturoso with 3 other couples all of us first timers. The villa was great, perfect for all of us with enough privacy, a great deck for all to hang out on. Good location to town although the drive up 2 hills on pocket money road was a bit daunting after afternoon cocktails in town! We rented jeeps from Conrad Sutton and had no problem with him or the jeeps. I must admit I was a bit leery going in due to all the bad press he got on this board but all was fine and I even got a smile from him when we first got there. I would rent from him again. We cooked breakfast at the villa every day and would head out to the beach mid morning with snacks then head back to town late afternoon for a late lunch and cocktails. This seemed to work perfect for our crowd. Beaches visited were Trunk,Hawksnest,Salt pond, Maho,Cinnamon bay. Loved them all but fav's were Maho and Hawksnest. We rented a boat from Ocean Runner without problems and went over to Jost and Sopers Hole Tortola. We all Had an excellent dinner at ZoZo's well worth the $$$. Rachel picked us up again at the ferry on our way home, she hooked us up with Daphane at the airport and she took us right through the line to customs, well worth the 10 bucks per person, people that got there when we did spent 1.5 hours in line I would do that again in a heartbeat! It was a great vacation and already planning our next trip back next year. Tortola was always our favorite place...not anymore St. John has taken over! Thank you all for the great tips you supply on this board, it's a wealth of information!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,002 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report 4/27-5/3

Nice report. I love Daphne. I really don't understand why people don't print out their boarding passes before they get to the airport, but Daphne is a great backup.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
340 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report 4/27-5/3

Great report. Thank you for sharing.

Rachel is also picking us up. Please explain what daphne does; never heard about her before! Always willing to learn about saving time on line st am airport.

Thank you!

Salem
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report 4/27-5/3

Daphne is a porter at the airport, she met us at Rachel's van took our bags brought us up to ticket counter to get boarding passes then took us and our luggage in a separate line that bypasses everyone right up to customs. Then takes the luggage to the belt while we went through security. It was the best $ spent all trip!

Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
706 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report 4/27-5/3

Thanks so much for the wonderful report. Welcome to the STJ Afficianados Club. You still have so many more terrific beaches on STJ to visit! Please check in again before you return.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
340 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report 4/27-5/3

Thank you for the info about daphne. Will certainly use her!!!!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report 4/27-5/3

Thanks for posting - enjoyed your tips & is this the house? http://www.vrbo.com/137305 If it is, like the view!

Boston...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report 4/27-5/3

Sounds like you had a great trip. You mentioned there were 8 of you. When I looked at the villa on VRBO it says 2 bedrooms with a pull out sofa. Am I missing something? Curious because I looked into renting there for next Feb. Thanks!

Salem
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report 4/27-5/3

There are 2 floors that have 2 bedrooms with a kitchen on each floor as well so I believe that they rent it as either a 2bedroom (shut the other floor off) or 4 bedroom (whole house) which is what we did. Plenty of room and privacy, each bedroom had there own bath. The house was perfect close to town, well maintained and nice views.

9. Re: Trip report 4/27-5/3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 04, 2014