We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daily yachts to the BVIs

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PHILADELPHIA, PA
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Daily yachts to the BVIs

Traveling to St. John next week, has anyone travelled over to the BVIs by way of the daily yacht excursions there in the USVIs? (i.e. Breakaway, New Horizons II, etc.) Are they pretty much all the same or are any of them recommended? Just wanna tour the BVIs while I and my girlfriend are there, I hear it is a must do and the baths are great...

Thanks

Iowa
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Daily yachts to the BVIs

My husband and I just returned from STJ. We booked a 26 ft boat from Ocean Runner, along with a fun, knowledgeable captain for the day. Great fun--snorkeled at the Indians, went to Jost Van Dyke for lunch and drinks at the Soggy Dollar Bar, and headed over to Sandy Cay for more snorkeling. Out from 9 till 5. If you go to the Baths, know that this will take at least 3-4 hours of your day. Not much time to spend anywhere then. Also, the Breakaway was moored at JVD when we were there. I'd guess at least 20-25 people on the boat...looked like they were elbow to elbow. Unless you're looking for wall to wall people on your excursion, I'd check into an option w/less people on board. Ocean Runner is located next to the High Tide bar and grill. Very helpful and courteous staff. Can't say enough about them.

2. Re: Daily yachts to the BVIs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, August 16, 2009