We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maho Camps: A section Not Available...Need new...

Minnesota
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Maho Camps: A section Not Available...Need new...

In my continuing quest to request the best site at Maho Bay Camp, I just learned that the entire A-section is not available due to a group who return every year (for the past 25 years) and they take the entire A section at Maho. Can anyone tell me the next best? Here's what I'd like: Privacy...A view if possible...Not too close to the bathroom and other main areas...somewhat close to the beach.

Does this sound like the 'B' section? If so, which units would be best? If now, other units?

Thank you so much in advance for your advice!

Cheers!

Mentioned in this post
Maho Bay
Maho Bay
439 Reviews
St. John
Maho Beach
Maho Beach
1,662 Reviews
St. John
Madison, Maine
Level Contributor
196 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maho Camps: A section Not Available...Need new...

I am posting this with my Maho map beside me, so hopefully this helps.

Tents B3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 are as close to the beach as you will get (not in an A tent.) None of these are right near a particular bathhouse, and there are two that are about equidistant from this little area. I was in B5 and we could hear the surf at night and see blue through the tree leafs, but no real view. You might have better luck with a view in B 7,8, or 9 as they are closest to the water but I cannot really say what there is for trees in front of them. Personally, I would forgo an attempt at getting a true "view" and decide which is more important Privacy or Beach proximity. While the B Tents are not exactly on top of each other, and there are some trees buffering tents, they are not particularly secluded. Looking at the map, if privacy is the biggest point for you try forC7, D7, D8, C7, E9/10/11/15 or 17 (though these E tents are definitely sacrificing beach proximity for having the cabins be a little farther apart from your neighbors )

To give you an idea of distances, from my B5 Tent it was up 65 stairs and about 100 yards to one bathhouse, 75 stairs directly down to get to the beach (great tent area for quick beach access), 86 stairs up to the other close bathhouse, 162 stairs up and some walking to the dining pavilion. In short, no matter where you stay you are going to have to climb a ton of stairs to get to something vital (if it is not beach, it will be bathroom, if not that, dining room...)

I stayed at Maho with 2 girlfriends for 10 days in November 2005 so if you are a first timer and need some more tips check the forums specifically for "Maho Bay Camps" or post some additional questions here, I'll click the "notify me when a reply is posted" box here and I'll try to help you out

Mentioned in this post
Maho Beach
Maho Beach
1,662 Reviews
St. John
Maho Bay
Maho Bay
439 Reviews
St. John
2. Re: Maho Camps: A section Not Available...Need new...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:31 am, August 16, 2009