We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cinnamon Bay Estates

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
2 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Cinnamon Bay Estates

We are looking for places to stay in the Cinnamon Bay area. Has anyone stayed at Cinnamon Bay Estates recently? What about Anole?

Another option would be Coral Bay. We need a 3 bedroom, nice pool, beautiful view. We don't need to be close to town (Cruz Bay) for nightlife but will be going to the beaches and some restaurants. Also, we will be traveling at Christmas time. Does the island become very crowded at this time?

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cinnamon Bay Estates

I've stayed there twice, in 2006 and 2010. It's a fabulous place. Note that it's only one Estate, though (no "s" on the end).

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,637 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cinnamon Bay Estates

Christmas week is one of the busiest weeks on island. If you have booked flights, be sure to book an SUV RIGHT AWAY!

Virginia
Level Contributor
2 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cinnamon Bay Estates

Yes, we are looking into SUV's right now. Any suggestions for companies? I understand that they are cheaper on St. Thomas but I am not sure if it is easier to just rent on St. John? We need a 5 person SUV. Since we will be arriving the afternoon of Dec 24th, I am curious if things will be open on the 24th and 25th to get grocery items or if we should try and get someone to stock a few items for us?

Thank you both for your comments!

South Carolina
Level Contributor
234 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cinnamon Bay Estates

We stayed there in 2009 under WPSAUKEE's recommendation and were not disappointed. Beautiful views. Only negative was that the pool was cold...it doesn't get afternoon sun. However, that view is almost unmatched.

Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
706 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cinnamon Bay Estates

You can reserve with Budget on St. Thomas (usually the cheapest) and cancel the reservations if you find better situation on STJ. Because it's high season, I wouldn't play around too much. The rental companies at the airport are most likely to be open. I imagine most stores are open Christmas eve like it is stateside with Christmas Day being the official holiday. If you intend to eat out, it may be wise to make reservations ahead of time too.

6. Re: Cinnamon Bay Estates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 25, 2014