We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What food to pack?

hot springs, ar
Level Contributor
456 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What food to pack?

I hear of alot of people bringing food with them in their luggage to save money. What food do you advise? We will be coming to St John in June with our 16 yr old daughter.

California
Level Contributor
6,325 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What food to pack?

We do the same as all the others but what we do is use a very large nylon duffel bag and fill it with as much stuff as we can (under the 50 lb limit) and check it in with our luggage and pay the $25.00 baggage fee. Still a huge savings plus you have the things you like when you get there. For the most part we do our Costco vacation shopping before we leave and just bring it with us, very easy. On the return trip we just fold up the duffel bag and put it in our luggage.

Holliston, MA
Level Contributor
164 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What food to pack?

Snacks, Snacks, Snacks. It practically killed me to pay $7 for a package of Oreos when I normally get them for between $2.50 and $3.00. I brought spaghetti, pancake mix (the kind that you add water to), coffee, tea, Splenda. I was with my teenage son. We ate breakfast in the villa every day except for one. We ate out for either lunch or dinner every day. Most dinners we had leftovers, so we ate the leftovers the next day. We mainly drink unsweetened iced tea, so I used the tea bags to make pitchers of iced tea. In retrospect, I wished that I'd brought more snacks. They're not heavy and won't leak.

13. Re: What food to pack?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 16, 2014