We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Baths...charter reviews

MA
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
The Baths...charter reviews

Hi!

This board is the best! My fiance and I will be arriving in St John 2 weeks today for our honeymoon! We are trying to plan a trip over to the baths and from what I have gathered from this board the three main charters are:

Limnos

New Horizons II

Stormy Petrel/Pirate Penny

I have just emailed them to find out the availability for the week we are there. I just want to be sure we aren't missing one!

Thanks

Kelly

P.S. I'm sure this will be one of 29837 last minute questions I will have-thank you :)

Florida City...
Level Contributor
298 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Baths...charter reviews

I just did the New Horizons II last week. The trip itself was awesome!! The drinks, the snacks, and the crew were amazing. Just know that it is a quick on and off to the baths area as well as the Jost Van dyke stop. It's great seeing 4 places but it is rather rushed. The snorkeling at guana island was the best!! I would recommend them as long as you know you will only have a very short amount of time at each stop.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Baths...charter reviews

I've done the NHII trip also, and agree 100% with paulantx...

Be aware that some of the outfits may not respond to your email before you even get down there... I had one company call me after I got back to the mainland re: an email I sent a week or two ahead! If you have questions and are seriously considering a place, best to try and call them, I found, Good luck and have fun!

kansas
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Baths...charter reviews

I would like to hear from the people who have done Limnos. I know it sounds like a quality trip, but it seems to have only 2 main stops. Is this a plus or is the New horizons 4 stop the way to go???

Penhook, VA
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: The Baths...charter reviews

My wife and I will be arriving on St. John 2 weeks from tomorrow and will be going on the New Horizons trip on June 16th. A friend of mine lived in St. John for a year and his girlfriend worked on the New Horizons crew and he highly recommended it to us. He said that it is true that you don't get to spend a lot of time at any one place but you get to see several different locations. Hope you have a wonderful honeymoon and God bless.

Jeremy

Bayonne, NJ
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: The Baths...charter reviews

My new husband and I are going on Treazzure to Jost Van Dyke. It only holds 6 people total and basically you tell them where you want to go and they will customize a trip for you. We're going in July and was told they are running a special for $130pp. The website is www.treazzure.com

FL
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Baths...charter reviews

There are other options that maybe you aren't exploring.

Try a private charter....

www.threelittlefish.com

It is more expensive but it's well worth the money in my opinion. It would be nice not to have to share your day out on the water with a crowd of strangers. With a private charter you get to decide what you do, where you do it, and you get to decide how much time you do it for. The personal attention and service you get on a private charter is very nice.

NJ
Level Contributor
196 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Baths...charter reviews

Seen very nice things written about the Stormy Petrel/Pirate Penny trip on other boards. They have a very appealing itinerary too with stops at Cooper Island for lunch and snorkeling at the Indians which is quite good.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
281 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Baths...charter reviews

We just got back from St. John yesterday and took a day trip on the Limnos! It was our last day in St. John and we loved the trip, thought it was an awesome way to spend our last day. The crew is very nice, open bar all day with many non-alcoholic choices too. The ride over to Virgin Gorda was very pretty, the Baths were awesome, not a ton of time there, but it was enough. They had arranged taxi's to take us to the baths (included in the price) and back again from the dock. Then when we returned to the boat, the captain had layed out a lunch for us. Coldcuts for sandwiches and salads, hit the spot! Not gourmet, but we are not picky and it tasted great. Then we had about an hour stop at Norman Island to explore the Caves. Also very neat, the snorkeling around the caves was great. I wasn't a big fan of the Caves, I just don't like dark places, but it was a neat experience. We saw some great sea life around that area. Then back on the boat for the ride back to St. John. The only drawback I found is that because we were the second group to get on the boat at St. John (started in St. Thomas), most of the seats were taken and people tended to sprawl out and not share, but that is the only bad part of the day. Everything else was great and we would recommend to anyone. (We paid $100 per person plus $20 customs fee)

CT
Level Contributor
275 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Baths...charter reviews

If you intend to check out private charters like a previous poster suggested, I very highly recommend you take a look at Blue Tang Yacht Charters. We went out with them last January and it was truly the highlight of our trip. It's a 51 ft Sea Ray and it's in impeccable shape, the food was fantastic, and the crew was very friendly, fun and pointed out places of interest. They only take out 6 people at a time, so it's not over crowded. We were vacatioing with 6, so we had the boat to ourself and could choose wherever we wanted to go. We were waited on hand and foot. It was like dealing with the Ritz on the water. Not sure what your budget is, but it would be a romantic way to mark your honeymoon. We paid $450 per person, it was an all day excursion 8a-4p, included breakfast, lunch, unlimited alcohol and fees to enter the BVI's. It was the best snorkeling I've experienced. We also went to Sandy Cay (unbelieveable spot of pristine beach) and the Soggy Dollar bar on Jost. It was incredible. You can check it out at www.bluetangyachtcharters.com. We can't wait to go again! Congrats on your wedding, and have a fabulous time!

Germantown, WI
Level Contributor
83 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Baths...charter reviews

We had a fabulous day on Stormy Petrel/Pirate Penny in April. They have been doing this trip for over 25 years and are very professional. The trip did not feel rushed at all. We started in STT at 7:45am went over the safety rules and headed to STJ to pick up more passengers. The trip to the Baths was on the North Side of St. John and they travel in close to the islands and tell you a little bit about each place. Some of the tales too. It took about an hour to get from STJ to Virgin Gorda. They do British customs for you which normally takes 25 minutes giving you time to use the facilities and shop around in Spanishtown. This is a yacht harbor and it was fun just to check out the boats. The boat takes you over to The Baths and picks up a mooring. There is a group swim in to the sandy beach at The Baths. Some people snorkeled and a few just swam in on a float that they have on the boat. They then guide you through the Baths off the main trail and away from any crowds. Our Captain Rick told us the scientific origin of The Baths and some of the stories about the place. The more adventurous people were led up to see The Lion and The Whale which hosted a beautiful view. We also had a few that waded through the shallow pools and crawled up the rock to do the 10 foot jump into the sea. It was fun even for us big kids. We snorkeled back to the boat. They had a menu on board and called our orders in to Cooper Island Beach Club. I had really good Clam Chowder. Lunch is not included and you need cash for it. There was time to take a little swim or just walk around the property before we headed to the next stop. The conditions were favorable for snorkeling at The Indians. A fantastic snorkel spot.!The crew guided our group in the front and one in the back. We went all the way around the rocks sticking out. I picked Stormy Petral over the others because they were the only ones that stopped at The Indians. They can not promice that this will be the stop because it really depends on the ocean conditions for that day. If they don't stop at The Indians I believe they stop at The Caves or a reef by Peter Island. A very pleasant and fun crew that included Laura and Ryan. They also have open bar and other non alchoholic beverages included. They even had juice boxes for the kids. You can't go wrong with them. I think they take out a max of 12 people. We had ten and there was room for everyone. I sat up front with the boat driver and learned alot. Note: I did call them at 340-775-7990 and always got an answer. Stacey is very nice.