We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asolare

Rockport...
Level Contributor
273 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Asolare

Have been to STJ many times but never here. The Trip Advisor reviews are mixed. Some think it is wonderful some don't. All seem to agree the view is unsurpassed. Is there a bar where one can order a cocktail and appetizer? I'd really like to check it out and decide for myself before committing to $45 dollar entrees. That's a bit extreme for STJ. I'd hate to reserve a rail side table knowing we were only going to order apps. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Asolare

I got married on St John last year at Trunk Bay. After the ceremony, we had our dinner at Asolare ( small party, just 5 of us ). We dined at the rail and the view was definitely pretty amazing watching the sunset. The food was very good, and I would definitely recommend it.

My wife and I are coming back to St John in April, and Asolare is on our list of restaurants to dine at.

Rockport...
Level Contributor
273 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Asolare

Thanks for the reply and many congrats on your new marriage! Can you tell me if there is a bar where you can order apps or is it strictly table service?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
592 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Asolare

There is a bar! Not sure if you can order food there! We were there last Sunday and there were salads but no apps on the menu that night! We had an excellent meal!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
639 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Asolare

We have tried Asolare two different times with two different groups. If I were you, I would go and enjoy cocktails at the bar with their appetizers. Not a fan but wish I was.

Boston...
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Asolare

I too wish I liked it better. The staff is amazing but unfortunately more amazing than the food. We'll go back this year for a drink and spring roll of the day at the bar.

Spencerport, New...
Level Contributor
620 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Asolare

Not a fan either. The menu is limited to 3-4 entrees that the chef chooses, different each night, but if none of them appeal then you are out of luck. Love, love, love the bar and the View and staff are, as others have said spectacular. Just not a fan of the menu.

7. Re: Asolare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 22, 2014