We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miss Lucy's Brunch

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
146 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Miss Lucy's Brunch

We will be staying in Coral Bay mid April and definitely want to go to the Sunday Jazz Brunch at Miss Lucy's. I have read enough posts to know that we should go early especially since I would love to sit outside near the water.

Here is my silly question: what is "early"?! I am the designated trip planner for two couples and don't want to get this one wrong since it is my idea!

Thanks - Julie

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,696 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miss Lucy's Brunch

I would get there before they open. It is hard to tell how busy it will be but I have gotten there right when they opened and had to wait for a while.

it is a lovely spot to sit and they will not mind as long as you are patient until they open!

Boston
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miss Lucy's Brunch

I forget what time they officially open but we always go there when we visit and show up about 30 minutes in advance. WELL worth the wait. To be honest, we've rarely seen it fill up right away at opening time and have never had a long wait even if we showed up minutes after the official opening time.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
566 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miss Lucy's Brunch

I looked back at my LiveJournal post from a trip in July 2009 and see that we were able to get our pick of tables by showing up right at 10am. But that was July, no idea about April.

For your amusement, here's a link to that journal entry, including some pics from the jazz brunch: http://dreamshark.livejournal.com/225127.html

Edited: 3:20 pm, February 15, 2013
Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,655 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miss Lucy's Brunch

An advantage of going early is that the kitchen and bar won't be backed up, as sometimes happens.

Miss Lucy's is very welcoming. Happy to have you sit or roam around while you wait.

On our last visit we found that some fellow customers got a bit rude when competing for tables (and obviously not on Caribbean time). But that was not the fault of Miss Lucy's!

north carolina
Level Contributor
271 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Miss Lucy's Brunch

In November, off season, the "good" tables were taken 30 minutes ahead of openning. Nothing is bad but outside, waterfront and in the shade are the ones of choice.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
146 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Miss Lucy's Brunch

Thanks for all of the input AND those great pics!! April cannot come soon enough for me!

Julie

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Miss Lucy's Brunch

We were there 10 days ago ad arrived at 9:15 and got a decent spot, but were the 4th or 5th group there. But, this is high season. I think in April, 30 minutes before opening will be about right. Be ready for a wait. We got our food at 11.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
146 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Miss Lucy's Brunch

Thanks so much! We are staying at Villa Jumbie in Coral Bay which shouldn't be too much of a drive so will plan on around 9:15-9:30. Can't wait!

Julie

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Miss Lucy's Brunch

We arrived about 30 minutes early lady June, and were the 1st or 2nd ones there.

We also stayed at Jumbie and loved it! We would have booked again for this year but daughters insist on 2 beds.

Enjoy!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Miss Lucy's Brunch

What's on the brunch menu?