We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raining

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Raining

We are going to be in St. John next week and the weather forecast is showing rain everyday. Does it let up at all during this time of year?

Will we see any sun?

Thanks

Hampton Roads, VA
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Raining

It is not unusual for the forecast to show rain every day. Sometimes (usually) it is just a passing shower. May is a little rainier than some other months but I am sure that you will have some, if not all, sunny days. Have a great time!

Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Raining

Thanks. I was getting nervous because I thought we wouldn't be able to go snorkeling and sit on the beach. As long as it doesn't storm all day long I think we will be okay.

Hampton Roads, VA
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Raining

That rarely happens. Usually, at worst, it will rain off and on. Don't worry, you will still come home with a tan!

Syosset, New York
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Raining

it only says rain every day b/c of the high humidity...i was there in april and i rain 2 times out of the 10 days that we were there and the showers only lasted 5 minutes and they were all at night...dont worry as the person said before you'll come back with a nice tan :] i hope i helped!

Helen

Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Raining

Thanks for your help. I am very excited about this trip and I don't want it to be ruined by thunderstorms. Showers I can handle, lightning I am afraid of.

Parker,Colorado
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Raining

we are also on St. John starting this friday, the weather report I saw was 85-87 degrees, with 30% chance of precep. If you get showers they are usually short, good time to get some cover and have a rum punch- but what the forecast I saw, I think it was on weatherchannel.com? was great -

SO NO WORRIES

Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Raining

Is this your 1st trip? It is ours and we are so excited.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Raining

When we have been there in June in past years, we are often on a boat and race towards any little rain cloud we see attempting to rinse off the boat. We have never made it to one before it stopped raining. In 8 visits, we've never seen a rain shower last for more than 5 minutes. We are on our way there this weekend and I'm counting on that being true this trip as well.

9. Re: Raining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:26 am, August 12, 2009