We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airfare

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
288 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
airfare

I noticed airfare to st Thomas is very cheap right now? Do you think it will stay cheap through Christmas? Anyone have experience buying a airfare now for spring? I would think they go up very soon but waiting for a xmas gift haha. A very good one of airfare to the islands. Second time! Went this past may and going again but longer!

Roseville, MN
Level Contributor
125 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airfare

Buy now as you never know. About two months ago it was close to $1000 per person to fly MSP to STT on Delta. It went down to $535 and we jumped at the price in mid November of this year for our third trip in May. I looked yesterday and it was still around $550.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
288 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airfare

Yea im doing msp to stt in may and its $410 right now. Cheaper than last year by $30.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airfare

We are heading down the second week of May too. We purchased ours in August and they were about that price from MSP with one stop. I would definitely purchase now, they change prices quickly and would not count on them staying that way after the holidays.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airfare

I would absolutely buy it now at that price. I watched prices obsessively for months trying to plan a summer trip and then a February trip. I was seeing sold out off season flights (like I said, I was obsessed) and full mid week February flights. The best I saw out of PHL was mid $500s for one stop in CLT.

ETA - coming back to add that I think the low season is becoming more and more popular, which might be keeping the non-peak prices up.

Edited: 2:37 pm, December 11, 2012
Boston
Level Contributor
74 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airfare

We just bought our tickets for may $395 per person. Our rule of thumb these days with airlines is when the cost hits below $425 from the Northeast--grab um!

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airfare

I'd buy them right now, Nathan. We paid almost $1K each for tickets for our last trip.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
288 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airfare

Oh my! well im going to buy this week. Need that aa giftcard lol

Norwalk, Ohio
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: airfare

$50 and 30,000 miles! Yay!

Illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airfare

We were on island this past Oct for 2 weeks. We booked our airfare in early Sept. We watched the fares constantly. At some point you just bite the bullet and go for it. Tickets for 2 ended up $ 500.00 each. The first time we visited the island in 2000 our tickets were about the same. Anything under $400 each grab them up.

Franklin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: airfare

I watch airfarewatchdog is there another out there that is better? Wife and I were down there last Oct, but bringing the family back in June (6 ppl) so the best rate DOES add up..

Is there a better site to search?

Thanks