We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Recommendation

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
66 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Recommendation

Hubs and I are thinking about a trip to St. John for my Big 5-0 in March 2013. Looking to rent a private villa and spend maybe 4-5 days exploring the island & beaches. It's just the two of us...would like something with a pool & possibly a hot tub and a spectacular view. Thanks in advance!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Recommendation

What's your budget? March is high season and you may find that you will have a 5 or 7 night minimum. Personally, I would never go for less than a week. 2 days are travel days. As soon as you know your dates reserve your jeep. They are limited.

East Coast
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Recommendation

Have you been there before? I agree with bluewater that less than a week is too short. We have only been once and we found that a week was too short and hope that next trip can at least be for 10 days. If you have been before and feel you can get by with less than a week than disregard my comment.

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
447 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Recommendation

You need a minimum of 7 days, to truly enjoy Saint John. Every year, we tack on an additional day. 10 is great, 12 even better. I'm aiming for 2 weeks. Many villas to choose from. Look for a one bedroom, if it's just the 2 of you.

50 on Saint John.....HEAVEN!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Recommendation

2 years ago we celebrated my big 5-0 and our 31st anniversary on St John with several friends who were all STJ newbies! We had so much fun showing them our favorite island. They couldn't get over the view from our villa and would have been perfectly happy staying there, but we said "no, you have to see the rest of the island". My favorite part of traveling with newbies is when you drive them along North Shore Rd and you hear "oohhhh, awhhh, WOW!" (I've been going for 21 years and I still do it.)

Our first trip was 7 nights, next trip was 9 (still not enough), then 10, then 11. Next year 12!!! Can't wait until we can go for two full weeks.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,919 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Recommendation

As others have said, less than 7 days in the height of season can be tricky.

In order for us to give us suggestions we would need your must haves and your budget and then we can try and help.

north carolina
Level Contributor
278 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Recommendation

Might check out Caneel Trailside cottage and Sea Cruz villa. I have stayed at one and going to the other.

7. Re: Villa Recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 26, 2013