We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wings Over Water Villa - St. John Trip Report 10/25 - 11/3/1

New Jersey
Level Contributor
467 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Wings Over Water Villa - St. John Trip Report 10/25 - 11/3/1

I finally put our trip report together from last week... boy were we lucky leaving just in time to avoid Hurricane Sandy and come back to power!

http://susannj.travellerspoint.com/14/

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,262 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wings Over Water Villa - St. John Trip Report 10/25 - 11/3/1

Very well done!

B.

Billings, MT
Level Contributor
265 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wings Over Water Villa - St. John Trip Report 10/25 - 11/3/1

Great trip report! I loved all of the pictures....also I'm very happy for you that everything was okay back home :)

NH
Level Contributor
848 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Wings Over Water Villa - St. John Trip Report 10/25 - 11/3/1

great report- glad everything was fine at home

Hudson, Florida
Level Contributor
401 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wings Over Water Villa - St. John Trip Report 10/25 - 11/3/1

I LOVED your trip report!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your vacation, videos & pics with all of us!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
467 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wings Over Water Villa - St. John Trip Report 10/25 - 11/3/1

Thanks so much!! Glad you enjoyed :)

north carolina
Level Contributor
412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wings Over Water Villa - St. John Trip Report 10/25 - 11/3/1

Loved the report. Great pics... Makes me daydream.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,012 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wings Over Water Villa - St. John Trip Report 10/25 - 11/3/1

NJSusan - Since you commented about being seen in the shower if traveling with another couple, would you recommend this villa for 2 couples? Other than the shower issue and the outside bathtub (I know my brother-in-law would use it at least once), is there anything else 2 couples staying together should know? We like to cook in most of the time. Is the kitchen well stocked for most cooking needs?

We have used Vacation Vistas many times. Their service is outstanding!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
496 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wings Over Water Villa - St. John Trip Report 10/25 - 11/3/1

Hi Susan, really enjoyed ur blog :) well done ! ur pics are fabulous & that Villa is WOW ! i can see why u would want to go back ! i would find it really hard to leave :( that driveway looks like it would B a lil testy @ nite ! really feel bad for all on the east coast ! & now this snow & more Wind ! thoughts & prayers to all in the Recovery. Lucky U the tree missed ur house & ur timing on leaving for STJ! Best Wishes ~

New Jersey
Level Contributor
467 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wings Over Water Villa - St. John Trip Report 10/25 - 11/3/1

bluewater43- I would definitely recommend sharing this villa with another couple. I would perhaps either "time" the showers the same time and/or maybe just make sure you know each other's schedules, etc. Plus there is also another outdoor shower that is private off the main house. This was the first time we used Vacation Vistas and it won't be the last! Their service is excellent!

RefereeJoe - I know we really lucked out missing the storm and returning to a house in one piece with power. It is disheartening seeing so many that lost everything :(

Horsham...
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wings Over Water Villa - St. John Trip Report 10/25 - 11/3/1

We stayed at Wow shortly after it came on the rental market. We were with another couple and had no privacy issues. The two bedrooms are in separate pods on either side of the main house, affording both privacy and the ability to be together in the kitchen, deck and great room. Perhaps we were blinded by the sheer beauty of the location because we did not notice the shower issue.

Get answers to your questions about St. John