We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba Diving

Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Scuba Diving

I am going to St. John next Friday. I am taking a PADI refresher course this weekend. What companies do you recommend using for diving? I don't want us to be 2 of 50 divers on a boat. Where are good places to dive in the USBVI? Are there any dives that are extra special at night?

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scuba Diving

I am not a diver...yet. But I am an avid snorkeler and I have gone on excursions with divers. I don't think you will have a problem with a large number of divers since it has been my experience that most of the tourists in the usvi are snorkelers.

If I were you I would check out Low Key Watersports - they run a dive operation out of Cruz Bay, I think. There are several other dive operations and some of them offer what is called "6 pack" dives - where there are no more than 6 people diving.

Most of the divers I have met dive the HMS Rhone in the British Virgin Islandis - a very popular wreck dive. Maybe for a futrure trip you can visit St. Croix for the wall diving.

Good luck and happy diving!

5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Scuba Diving

I know you've already made your trip but I saw your post and thought I'd let you know about the place we used. St. John Dive Adventures is the only dive operation located out of Coral Bay. They are a smaller boat and made for such a nice experience. They were closed for awhile but are back in operation now. We were really happy with them.

Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now