We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Question

North Carolina
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental Question

I have been reading the posts and writing information down regarding many things. One thing I don't know: when we rent a jeep, are there charges to the Bay's and also in Cruz Bay? Sounds like a silly question, but.

Mentioned in this post
Cruz Bay
Cruz Bay
St. John
Ohio
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Question

I don't understand what you are asking regarding car rentals, if you could clarify I'll try to answer!

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
382 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental Question

Are you asking if there are fees to enter the beaches?

California
Level Contributor
7,095 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental Question

Most of the beaches are within the USVI National Park system and are free with the exception of Trunk Bay that charges $4.00 per adult. Most of us just buy the annual family pass for $15.00 to make easy. Parking is sometimes the biggest problem in finding a beach, you may set out for one beach only to find the parking full. Luckily there are a ton of beaches to pick from. Some of the remote ones are the best.

As for Cruz Bay, it's a small town that most things on St. John are centered around. Parking like most tourist places can be a pain.

Edited: 2:47 pm, September 09, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Trunk Bay
Trunk Bay
2,598 Reviews
St. John
Cruz Bay
Cruz Bay
St. John
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for St. John, Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
3,276 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental Question

There are some pay parking lots in Cruz Bay. With the opening of the large parking lot near the car barge wharf, we just park there for free. It's a 5 minute walk to the center of Cruz Bay and a 10 minute walk to Mongoose Junction.

Cheers, RickG

Mentioned in this post
Cruz Bay
Cruz Bay
St. John
Mongoose Junction
Mongoose Junction
148 Reviews
St. John
North Carolina
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental Question

Thanks so much. I had read if you rent from a agency in Cruz the parking is free--that must be the pay parking lots you are talking about.

And I didn't know about the fee at Trunk Bay,

Thanks again!

Trish

Mentioned in this post
Trunk Bay
Trunk Bay
2,598 Reviews
St. John
Little Rock...
Level Contributor
77 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental Question

The rental agencies will let you park free in their lots but that can be a problem. We rented from Penn. their lot is off the beaten path but still no more than a 5-10 minute walk to anywhere in town. We did see that other agencies were located on busy streets that looked to be hard to get in and out of and their lots were sometimes full. Penn was no problem.

7. Re: Car Rental Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 25, 2013