We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condos in St john

steviegene
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Condos in St john

Hi there,

Planning a trip in March, possibly to St John.

Looking at rental units for 2 people near Cruz Bay. My husband would actually probably really like a view of Cruz Bay, as he really loves boats. We are looking for something private with a wonderful view.

Any input on places to stay? What are the best condos to stay in if we go that route? Gallows Point seems to be in a good location, but is it outdated? They have a upper level Harbor View available.

How about Grand Bay? There is a penthouse available.

Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Cruz Bay
Cruz Bay
St. John
Allen, Texas
Level Contributor
365 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Condos in St john

You will love Grande Bay or Gallows Point! So easy to walk to restaurant, shopping and sunsets in Cruz Bay! You could hike the Lindt Point trail to fabulous Solomon Beach or take an open air taxi to Caneel, Hawksnest, Trunk and Cinnamon Bay. If you rent a car you can drive all over the island. So much to see! So little time~ Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Cruz Bay
Cruz Bay
St. John
Cedar Point, North...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condos in St john

We stay at Gallows, but Grande Bay is also seems to be good. If the price is the same, I would stay at Gallows due to their water access and amazing sunset views!

Gallows is not "outdated". They have recently finished remodeling all the units. Some are nicer than others, since they are all individually owned, but they are all very nice.

virgin islands
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Condos in St john

check out Palm Terace Villas

right in Cruz Bay,newer, big and nicely appointed

Mentioned in this post
Cruz Bay
Cruz Bay
St. John
Duxbury...
Level Contributor
463 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condos in St john

Check Lavender Hill- extremely nice, great views and probably cheaper than Gallows or Grande Bay.

north carolina
Level Contributor
291 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condos in St john

Might look at Tropical Breeze unit in Battery Hill condos.

Pepperell...
Level Contributor
317 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Condos in St john

My vote is for Gallows. Unfortunately they are expensive, and may price themselves out of competition. Check out VRBO.com. These are all rentals directly through the owners....lots of options around Cruz Bay. I may have to consider Grand Bay just due to the price at Gallows for our next visit.

Mentioned in this post
Cruz Bay
Cruz Bay
St. John
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Condos in St john

I second the vote for Lavender Hill. Same basic location as Gallows and Grande Bay, but much less expensive. Not fancy, but well maintained and perfectly comfortable. I've stayed there several times, and will definitely be returning.

Mansfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Condos in St john

Just found this place on VRBO-Kachira. I have rented it for my husband and I for a few nights in April.

Denise

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Condos in St john

I've stayed at Grande Bay twice and had an excellent experience both times. Used VRBO... Highly recommend the place!

10. Re: Condos in St john

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 12, 2013