We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reef madness help

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Reef madness help

Hi again, looks like I have decided to stay at reef madness! I am wondering what do I need to bring and the one big question is. Is there screens on the windows? What kind of household items should I get and do we know what's already there?

Thank you all for your help

St. John
Level Contributor
177 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reef madness help

Randy and Marcia (owners, neighbors and friends) have everything you will need. They have A/C throughout and I'm sure they have screens. It's a very upscale villa. Inquire with your booking agent. You've made a good choice!!!

Regards,

Patricia

Anchorage Aweigh villa

Bala Cynwyd...
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Reef madness help

Reef Madness is top notch, not sure you need to bring anything other than as little clothes as possible and food and drink (although there is a welcoming gift basket with snacks and some wonderful rum to get you started). I remember bringing some things like coffee filters and laundry detergent, but there was a supply already, so we just left items for the next group, that's pretty much how it works. But loads of beach chairs and towels and coolers and noodles and every possible electronic and appliance gadget you could want. Is there some specific "household item" you're looking for, so we could address that?? It is an incredible and wonderful place. You will love it!!

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reef madness help

I am wondering how big Reef Madness is? I cannot find the square footage for us. Also what is the best time of year to come. I would like warm but dry, as dry as possible.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Reef madness help

As dry as possible - February or March - but having said that anything can happen - it is the tropics :)

Pia

Shoreham, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reef madness help

Having stayed at Reef Madness just once- I'm going to guess and say the main house is about 800-900sq ft and the bedrooms about 400sq ft each, that being said- your best to check with Vivacations or the owners direct.

The place was very spacious - but still "cozy" - not cold, the view and location are awesome, and I LOVED that they have a huge commercial ice maker in the kitchen!

Bala Cynwyd...
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Reef madness help

Not sure I've ever seen this exact question asked. But hey, at least it's not about crime or what's the weather going to be like in three weeks.

Check out the listing on Viva Villas, it has the floor plans. Living area is 816.08 square feet, each bedroom is 891.00 square feet. Hope this is big enough for you!!

Have a great time!!

Maryland
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Reef madness help

Actually, having crawled around the floors with a tape measure, I can tell you that the Great Room is 816 square feet as listed above and that each of the bedrooms are 445 square feet. Square footage on the outdoor decks, porches and pool is around 1100 square feet combined...

Haven't measured the driveway so I'm not putting that tape measure away just yet...

Soon come...

Bala Cynwyd...
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Reef madness help

I thought the bedroom size as listed on the website was off, now I realize that the 891 square feet must have been the total for the two exact bedrooms (445 square feet each).

And as for your driveway, forget the tape measure, bring your protractor instead!!

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Reef madness help

Hi,

We are thinking about booking Reef Madness and wondered what your experience was? In particular - the outdoor area looks great but how about the living room? Anywhere for a group of 4 to watch a move or play a game in the evenign? it looked like there was only one small couch.

Any other thoughts would appreciated!

Thanks,

Kelli

Coral Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
316 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reef madness help

Plenty of room for four - there are chairs in addition to the couch for TV/movie watching, and the dining room table is more than adequate for that many if you're playing a board game, eating, etc.