We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental?

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car Rental?

Hi,

We are visiting St.John at the end of June. We would like to rent a car, but need some advice. I've called sun and san but they were rude! Can anyone recommend a reputable company? Also, would it be easier to rent from the airport(STT), or from St.John?

Thank You so much for any info.

Geneise

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental?

If you are staying on STJ then rent your car there. St. John Car Rental is my first pick. You'll find them at www.stjohncarrental.com or phone (340)776-6103. Second pick is Conrad Sutton - www.conradcars.com (340)776-6479. Don't wait too long to reserve your car. They book up fast.

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental?

Also check out previous poste. There are about 100 on the forum - this is one of the most discussed subjects. Many people recommend against Conrad Sutton. I usually rent a car on St Thomas and bring it across on the ferry, mut a lot of people advise against that too. But do a search on 'Car rental' on the forum and you will get advice to your hearts content

Mentioned in this post
St. Thomas
St. Thomas
U.S. Virgin Islands
Maine
Level Contributor
353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental?

I agree with diana2...book now. We're going the last week of June and I called St John Car rental this morning and they have no Wranglers or Grand Vitaras left for that week so I finally booked with Conrad in spite of the negative posts I've read on this board. As it is Conrads is all out of the smaller Vitaras for that week so I figured I better not press my luck any longer. I've read a lot of positive reviews about Conrads on other travel boards so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best!! I hadn't booked before this because I've been debating the pros and cons of renting on STT and bringing the jeep over to STJ but with it being Carnival time I worry parking in Cruz Bay and at least with Conrad we can use their parking lot.

Mentioned in this post
Cruz Bay
Cruz Bay
St. John
Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental?

Thanks to all of you for your advice. It is freatly appreciated!!

Geneise

C C
Level Contributor
265 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental?

Just remember that is carnival week in St John ending July 4th. Hope you can still find a rental.

Get answers to your questions about St. John