We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St John Trip Report Feb 11-18th

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
St John Trip Report Feb 11-18th

Recently returned from one fabulous week in paradise! Arrived to our beautiful villa Arco Iris- which exceeded all expectations- the wild oleanders, banana palms and incredible views were breathtaking. The three seperate bedrooms provide a perfect location for 3 couples. We cooked 4 nights a week in the gourmet kitchen, and lounged daily on the sprawling balcony.

Snorkelled everyday, spotted a sting ray at Maho Bay, aquarium like fish on the trail at Trunk Bay, and starfish and sea turtles around Little St. James- a private island we sailed to with Captain Rusty and the Trissel II- I would highly recommend the half day sail. Sipped coconut coladas at Joe's Rum hut- a fellow Canadian with the best bar on the island- open air style with a great happy hour!

Celebrated a birthday at Stone Terrace in Cruz Bay with a sunset dinner. Fresh fish, friendly service and delicious chocolate dessert!

We were graced with beautiful weather the entire week- and will definitely be back!!

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St John Trip Report Feb 11-18th

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time! I am also glad to hear someone talk about Rusty and the Trisel II. He is a good friend of a friend and I have known him since I arrived here six and a half years ago. I've been out on the Trisel quite a few times and LOVED it every time! He built the boat himself and he is one of the only people down here that sails exclusively, no motor at all on his boat. His trimaran is very quick and I just love him. Nice guy. 340-771-3333 if anyone else wants to give him a try.