We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need local help, seeking evening music

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Harrisburg
Level Contributor
527 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Need local help, seeking evening music

Hello - we will be on island Feb 25 through Mar 1. Can anyone offer information on live music?

We already have reservations for La Tappa on Monday night. We are really looking for island music one evening. I know Caneel often has a steel drum at the bar. Anyone know of other locations?

In the past I used the tradewinds as a source but since they re-designed the website I can longer see the restaurant ads.

Hamilton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
420 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need local help, seeking evening music

Fred's is a popular stop for us. It's directly across from Lime Inn. I believe they have a band on Wed. and Fridays. It's not much to look at but they do have some good bands. Look for Innervisions to be playing if they are not in the states playing. Zo Zo's has some music and I believe the Westin does also. Don't forget about the Beach Bar and Lizards Landing (the old Duffy's Love Shack).

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need local help, seeking evening music

The Beach Bar has bands three times a week or so and on Sunday's they have a GREAT jazz band. It starts early and gets packed fast! I believe it starts at 4pm and goes until 7pm. High Tide also has music a few times a week. They are located right by the ferry dock. Sometimes the Front Yard has a band, but they aren't as consistant as they have been in the past.

To get a complete calander you can look at The St. John Sun Times. They publish every two weeks. It is a free publication that can be picked up just about anywhere. I will grab one and repost with the happenings during your stay.

Get answers to your questions about St. John