We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cool Breeze Car Rental

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Cool Breeze Car Rental

We just returned from our 16th yr vacationing on St John. In the early years we tried other car rental companies, but we learned over the years that Cool Breeze is the best. We never had an issue with our rental. The cars are clean, comfortable and even fun to drive. (Some with 4 wheel drive) There are several car rental companies on the island, but its the owners/employees that make the difference. Being rude or unfriendly is not their style. We can't say enough good about Cool Breeze and would highly recommend them.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
103 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

Update: Everything worked out in the $$$ aspect and cleared correctly. So, I would say we were pretty satisfied with our rental with Cool Breeze. Reading others stories make me horrified though! I think it helped that we had an advocate there with us that knew the people at the agency. Good luck to all those renting!

St. John
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

I live on St John and have a vacation villa. I use Cool Breeze all the time for my guests to the tune of 30 - 40 bookings a year. They have consistently been responsive, professional and polite. Their close proximity to the ferry dock is a definite plus! That is exactly why I recommend them to my guests. Also, and most important to me, they take care of their cars if there is a problem. I highly recommend them.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

We just returned June 20th from St. John and a Cool Breeze car rental. It was not a good experience. We will look somewhere else next time. He first tried to charge our card a second time for the deposit we had already paid. Then they were "working" on the vehicle we were supposed to get (brakes of all things to make you feel warm and fuzzy on St. John's roads). The 3 employees proceeded to get into a verbal argument in front of us (kids included) cussing and dropping the F bomb several times. One guy took off and returned with a rental from another place. The air didn't work on it and when I called the next day from Coral Bay he wanted me to waste my vacation time and bring it by for them to look at it. He should have offered to bring us another vehicle. It all worked out and the vehicle served it's purpose (check engine light came on twice while driving) but we will definitely not be repeat customers. Renter beware!

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

We just had a very unfavorable experience with Cool Breeze. It was raining when we arrived, and in our hurry to get in the car did not check it out thoroughly. They did not have the 4wd Jeep that we were promised, and worse, the car that they gave us had bald back tires. We stayed in a villa very high up, with extremely steep roads and switchbacks. The ride in the rain was terrifying, with the tires repeatedly spinning out. My two daughters were so terrified that they were crying. We didn't realize until the next morning why the car had handled so badly, took it back, and was offered three replacement vehicles, each with bad tires, and one without a front passenger seat belt (illegal on stj). We got a refund and walked down the road and got another vehicle from a different company. I would never consider renting from them again!

Okemos, Michigan
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

We can not recommend Cool Breeze. We paid an $80 deposit months ago yet they had no vehicle for us. I'll lodge a formal complaint once I'm home to all involved: the management company which recommended them, Cool Breeze, the credit card company. Fortunately we got a car from Delzell Clyne and received polite service, too. I can not recommend Cool Breeze due to the lack of customer service and their lack of concern with having taken a deposit and not refunding it. This has been our worst experience on St. John.

26. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 11, 2014