We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camping vs. villa in St. John in June

Allendale, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
camping vs. villa in St. John in June

Can anyone advise whether it is too hot and buggy in St. John for camping in June? If so, we're looking for a villa in the $1500 range in a good location? Where would you recommend? Do we need total house a/c?

Parker, Colorado
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: camping vs. villa in St. John in June

Bugs? June? Generally, better than later in the summer. Really depends on if and how much rain has fallen prior to your arrival. Never enough to keep me away. But it is the tropics; there will always be some.

Take the time to scroll back thru these pages. Many are looking for a rental with a similar price range. And, although June is a transitional month in my mind, temp. and humidity wise, if you can swing ac in the bedrooms by all means do. Best to have the option me thinks.

Maine
Level Contributor
353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: camping vs. villa in St. John in June

We're also going in June and there are several villas in the $1500 range on this website that we considered...

www.privatehomesvi.com

Allendale, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: camping vs. villa in St. John in June

thanks for the info...I think we'll go for the a/c...some of the houses on the the web-site look really good!

Hoffman Estates, IL
Level Contributor
515 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: camping vs. villa in St. John in June

Definately go the villa route........ther are so many to choose from and you really will be much more comftorable. Chocolate Hole and Rendevous Bay have a lot in that price range. I think your out of luck if you want to be on the north shore (near Cinnamon Bay campground. Those villas are very pricey. Can't go wrong though, the whole island is beautiful. Also may want to check www.villascaribe.com. We've rented from them several times, they do a nice job.

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: camping vs. villa in St. John in June

Another agent on island is Windspree. They handle houses in The Coral Bay area which tend to run a bit less than other areas on STJ.

Contact several agents and give them your dates and budget etc. and they will let you know what is available for your time frame.

The villas is definitely the way to go. You're gonna' have a great time!

Mentioned in this post
Coral Bay
Coral Bay
St. John