We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caneel Trailside Cottage

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Caneel Trailside Cottage

Has anyone stayed here? We rented it for a week in late March and it looks beautiful, but wondering if anyone has first-hand experience to share. I was actually surprised for a new, large villa with a/c, two king beds, private pool etc. that it wasn't more expensive than it was (although it's certainly not cheap either!).

This will be our fourth trip to St. John and we can't wait ... counting the days.

Laurie

chicago,IL
Level Contributor
235 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caneel Trailside Cottage

We looked into this villa, but photographs were never updated and the house looked empty-no furniture!! I saw on another website that it was for sale. Ask your agency. No furniture by the pool? I am sure it does now, but you might want to check. We saw the owners own a place in Maine and that is for sale too.

chicago,IL
Level Contributor
235 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caneel Trailside Cottage

Sorry-Just looked on site and they now have put furniture in. Last week there was none on the website. Sorry about that, but it was empty forever and we decided not to rent it.

London, England
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Caneel Trailside Cottage

Yes. I stayed there back in December and it was absolutely lovely. Not only is it furnished, but it is full of west indian antiques and artwork. best st john villa i ever stayed in. it is cheep, and i presume that is because it is brand new on the rental market.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
51 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caneel Trailside Cottage

Ok, too funny. I've been trying to find a villa and this one just came up. What are people's thoughts on the location etc? Would we definately need a rental car?