We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Stjohnjulie

Boston
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Question for Stjohnjulie

Last year, we discovered a fabulous wine store just down the road from the Texaco Station on the way to the Rendezvous Bay. It was on the lefthand side of the road. It was painted blue and I believe, prior to that it was a little market. I recently heard that this may have closed. Stjohnjulie could you tell me it this is true? If so, any recommendations on where we could get a nice selection of wines at good prices. Thanks

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Stjohnjulie

...marina market is closed for good.

try mixology or pine peace market.

Boston
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Stjohnjulie

Larryjohn, where is pine peace market?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Stjohnjulie

I've also never heard of mixology. Where is that located?

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for Stjohnjulie

...pine peace market is the local secret market that is on the left just before you try to go up jacob's ladder towards the westin.....there is a sign and a little parking.....wine there is cheaper than marketplace and mixology is in the lower level of the lumberyard as you start to go up the hill with two parking places just across from where the car ferry comes in......

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for Stjohnjulie

I am so bummed about Marina Market closing! All I drink is wine and they had such a great selection.

Pine Peace market does have a good selection and their prices are better than Starfish or Mixology. Recent changes to Dolphin market have made it a good place to go as well. They have a good selection and their prices beat out Starfish by $2 -$8 on almost every bottle. Pine Peace usually beats Dolphin by a $1 or $2 per bottle. Pine Peace will have better prices than Starfish on almost everything, so get what you can there if you go there. They are limited in the produce/meat departments, but it is definitely worth it to go to two or three stores to complete your list because you can save a lot of money.