We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenny Chesney's Favorite Bar?

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Kenny Chesney's Favorite Bar?

I understand there is a beach bar that he hangs out at, that has a "big blue chair" or something? Does anyone know??

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,936 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Kenny Chesney's Favorite Bar?

His favorite bar is Woody's, but it's not on a beach. The blue chair is not in a place where you could (have) seen it. It's private! There is a thread on another forum (VINow) about Kenny and his diminished privacy on St. John.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Kenny Chesney's Favorite Bar?

If you are heading to STJ for vacation and want to see where he hangs out, you can head to Woody's or the Quiet Mon.

The blue chair was not in a public place and may not even be there any longer.

If you are heading to STJ to see him, then I would suggest you make another plan.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Kenny Chesney's Favorite Bar?

Now I have to admit I am a fan, on a scale of 1-10 maybe a 4 or 5, I have toddler so mostly I listen to Elmo so planning a vacation in hopes of seeing someone, not really for me! :) Unless of course its Mickey Mouse and I know where to go for that! :)

I was just curious, a friend of mine is a bigger fan than me and he mentioned the blue chair, I am not even sure which song he is speaking of!

I imagine that KC doesn't get the privacy he used to there and that's a shame. I would never go looking for him, just curious where his fav places are! Thanks!

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Kenny Chesney's Favorite Bar?

Kati- stop at either of those bars and take a few pictures and you can show your friend that you hung out on the same bar stool or chair that he did and your friend will be thrilled. And you will have a great time at 2 great STJ places.

Have a great time!!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for St. John, Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
26 reviews
5. Re: Kenny Chesney's Favorite Bar?

We ran into Kenny last year at the Quiet Mon hanging out with Chad, one of the owners of Woody's. Woody's was also featured in his Christmas special a couple of years ago. Quiet Mon is a great spot, but if you traveling with a toddler the Beach Bar is even better. Woody's? It's not particularly popular with the over 30 crowd, but I like it at the end of the night or before happy hour.

Cheers, RickG

Chicago
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
6. Re: Kenny Chesney's Favorite Bar?

My wife and i were at Woodys on September 18th and Kenny was there playing his guitar and of course singing, my wife and i were in arms lenth of him. We had the best spot in the bar. We even did a toast with him. GOOD TIMES

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Kenny Chesney's Favorite Bar?

Awesome thanks for the great advice everybody!!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
209 reviews
8. Re: Kenny Chesney's Favorite Bar?

Not only does Kenny C not get the privacy he came to St. John for -- neither does anyone else. 25 years ago the island was not nearly as developed and not many people had even heard of it, much less wanted to go. Lots of folks who love the place kind of wish it had stayed like that. And Kenny himself has publicly stated that if he could do it over again he would NEVER mention the name of the island -- wish he'd thought about that earlier.

Sparks, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
1 review
9. Re: Kenny Chesney's Favorite Bar?

I was on island last April, and did go to the Quiet Mon and took a picture with the sign... No sign of Kenny, but the lyrics of his songs we're ringing in my head.

Where you can be a local, tourist or a star...

I love St. John Thanks to Kenny, and my good friend Joe , here in Sparks,Nv.

Cheers to you both!

~ lori

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
16,170 posts
20 reviews
10. Re: Kenny Chesney's Favorite Bar?

Quote by KC in a recent interview on msnbc:

Q: "Three years ago we talked about your Caribbean journey and how you found a sense of home and community in St. John. Can you bring us up to speed with the progress of that journey?

A: "It’s changed for me a little. I wrote a record ("Be As You Are") about my truth and a place that gave me a sense of place and a freedom I’d never found. But as a result, the freedom went away a little bit. I feel more eyes on me. I feel guilty for bringing attention to places that didn’t really need it. If I could do it over again, I wouldn’t give such a blueprint."

There are many, many "celebrities" who continue to enjoy the USVI but keep a very low profile during their visits. If we locals come upon them we respect their privacy and make no big deal about their being here, treat them as we would treat any other visitor.

Mr. Chesney didn't do that and thus left himself wide open to gawkers and general fans who couldn't leave well alone. Forum posts all over the internet were inundated with wanna-be groupies who wanted to know where he hung out, wanted pictures of his STJ home. All of them professed to not being "stalkers" but just had the desire to to see him in a natural setting and "just shake his hand." How old can THAT get!

Fame has its price and, although this particular celebrity still pops up here occasionally, he learned a lesson which many (way major) celebrities before him could have advised him about. In a sense he lost what he thought he found on St John and that's sad. But life is a learning process and, when he pops in once in a while, that's a good t'ing as we'd like him to feel comfortable enough to still come here. Cheers!