We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Large St. John Wedding

nyc
7 posts
Save Topic
Large St. John Wedding

Hello... I'm planning to have my wedding in St. John August 2006 and expect about 75 guests (we have very big families). We're looking at the Westin, Gallows, and Caneel, but I was wondering if anyone has other ideas for where to have the wedding (villas? beach options?) and especially where to house all my guests. I prefer villas to resorts in St. John and would love to rent a bunch for guests to stay in, but know that at least half of the guests will only stay about 1/2 a week. Is is possible to rent villas for less than a week (offseason)? Thanks for the help!

ct
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Large St. John Wedding

Hi, just got married on the 16th of July in St John. Such an incredible experience. We got married at the Westin. We had about 65 guests. They give a great wedding rate on the rooms. I think it was $180 a night. min 3 nights. The Westin has an amazing wedding planner name Anisia. She is so great, made everything flow smoothly. I recommend her. Our wedding and reception turned out beautiful. Just as we pictured. Any other questions you might have email me at arawak26@aol.com

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Large St. John Wedding

I was married on St. John in April 2005. We had about 33 people attend and they stayed in villas, hotels and b&bs all over the island. I didn't get married at Westin or Caneel (I believe they both require extra $$ for guests who aren't staying at the hotel.

Our ceremony was at Peace Hill. It was beautiful. there is a 5 minutes walk up the hill but at the top is a beautiful panoramic view of the island. absolutely beautiful and I'd do it again!