We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the best Villa Rental Agnecies?

Boston, MA
10 posts
Save Topic
What are the best Villa Rental Agnecies?

My wife and I are starting to plan a trip for next year and want to rent a villa. What are the best Agencies to rent from and what would be the best Villa?

We are looking for off season probably late October - Early November of 2006 as our 5 year Anniversary is at the end of Oct.

We plan on up to $2500/wk for the villa but want want great views and privacy. A nice pool would be cool and we are not too concerned about how close we are to either Cruz bay or Coral bay as we don't mind driving for the sake of views and privacy.

boston
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the best Villa Rental Agnecies?

My husband and I are the owners of a new villa (completed in February) Milesaway. Destination St. John is our managment company and they have always bent over backwards to make us happy. I am a serious neat freak and we try to travel down every 4 to 6 weeks to check on the property.

They have also always gotten high regards from our clients and from other posts on this board.

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the best Villa Rental Agnecies?

In that price range, with view the first priority, consider the Coral Bay end for views of the BVI's. It's absolutely beautiful. If you prefer it, you can get a great view of St Thomas from the Cruz Bay end, but I much prefer seeing the BVI's lying like green pearls on the sea.

I expect every agency gets bad reviews occasionaly, and they are deserved, because they all fail now and then. About the only one that I've read a number of comlaints on is Great Caribbean Getaways. the have some good houses where you'll be looking and some people believe the hassle is worth it. Up to you.

Here are afew villas to get you started:

Caribbean Villas (on the web as caribbeanvilla)

One Particular Harbor - up high on Carolina Ridge and not for anyone with a fear of heights; new house

Destination St John

Coral Rays - another new house high up above Coral Bay

Drake's Lookout - only a few months older, also above Coral Bay

Viva Vacations - (on the web as vivacations.com)

Mason Miele

Mooncottage

Mayan Sky

All are good and some higher than others. Masion Miele is just above the water and has the least view.

All are well within your price range off season and all have pools. Now you can start your hunt!

Boston, MA
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the best Villa Rental Agnecies?

Thanks for the great info! These are exactly the kind of replies I was hoping for!

Neither of us has ever been to St John but From pictures and the things that others have said I think this is exactly the type of island we are looking for.

Thanks again! And if anyone has anything else to add feel free...we are both very excited about planning this trip.

rhode island
Level Contributor
388 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the best Villa Rental Agnecies?

we rent from caribbean villas...have for years. many nice villas. one that comes to mind is Orchid Knoll..private, the most outstanding view, a lovely villa with pool,nice porch to relax on and easy drive to north shore beaches !! if not this one, this agency has many villas to pick from...have a great anniversary !!

NH
Level Contributor
848 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the best Villa Rental Agnecies?

I just returned Monday from St John we were also on the island because of our 5th Stayed at Drakes lookout, the view is unreal and it was private. Let me know if you have any questions about the villa