We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is your favorite island and why?

Alabama
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
what is your favorite island and why?

I'm trying to decide on what island we should stay. Group of about 15 people with ages ranging from late 20's to late 30's.

Which one has the best beach?

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: what is your favorite island and why?

My favorite island is St John by far. It is true paradise. Mexico has pretty beaches but more crowded. I have been to most of the Caribbean islands and though some of the islands like Antigua, Barbados, Anguilla and St Martin have beautiful beaches, I still think St John is the best. It depends on what you consider a perfect beach. St John's beaches not only have the turquoise, clear water and soft white sand beaches but they also have the Mountains and Palms right along the beaches. This to me is the perfect combination to paradise. I love beaches and I live in Miami with access to great beaches in Florida nearby. But when I go on vacation, I want deserted peaceful beaches and you will find that in St. John. I am going there again in October for a week and can't wait. Good Luck planing your trip.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: what is your favorite island and why?

Turks and Caicos...."nuff said!

Parker, Colorado
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: what is your favorite island and why?

I'm starting to think we ALL need to visit Anguilla, St. John, kauai AND Turks and Caicos! One thing's for sure, people who are passionate about beaches are PASSIONATE about their favorites! May we all find our own coconut palm one day!

ATLGARED- We recently moved to Colorado from Atlanta. Sure miss it.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: what is your favorite island and why?

tetheredincolorado..Really? You miss it here? Sometimes it just gets so congested with all the traffic and people. I believe Colorado would be a great change. Yes T&C is definitely the best beach. I know that's what I keep saying but if you ever go post and let me know. Our reaction when we first saw the beach was jaw dropped and we just looked out for about two minutes. We looked at each other and said "Oh my gosh." Have a great trip wherever you decide next. We can't decide still between PDC and Anguilla but you don't get many responses on the Anguilla forum. Blamona is always very friendly and helpful though. She has been a great source of info. See ya!

Parker, Colorado
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: what is your favorite island and why?

Yeah, but it's the friends I miss, mostly. Lived in Alpharetta and also hated the traffic. July and August can also be miserably hot. BUT, I got to plant my garden in late March there. Here, you have to wait until June and even THEN it can sometimes snow.

In essence, I just never aspired to live on the high prairie. As you can tell from my posts on this forum, I'm SUPPOSED to live among the palms somewhere!

Have a great weekend.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: what is your favorite island and why?

Alpharetta..Well you weren't that far from me! We live just outside of Buford/Suwanee area. Yeah I know I'm supposed to live somewhere else too...The Caribbean :))))))!! Talk to ya soon!

Parker, Colorado
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: what is your favorite island and why?

Used to have a live-aboard on Lanier. Colorado has no lake larger than a puddle, so we had to sell it. Would have sold it to YOU for a song! ;-)

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: what is your favorite island and why?

Let me guess..Georgia On My Mind??!!. I would however settle for Kokomo!! Talk to ya soon!!

gilroy, cal
12 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: what is your favorite island and why?

My husband and I have been vacationing on St. John for the past 28 years. We discovered it right after we got married - at 19 & 20 years old! - and have loved it ever since. We've gone with friends, taken our own kids, and now that they're married, we just took everyone again. Our oldest and her husband have now vacationed there twice on their own and love it. We're going back next June for the big 50th birthday.

There is something to do for everyone, beautiful beaches abound, good food and drinks, beautiful sunsets and total relaxation. We've rented a villa every time from Vacation Vistas (Lisa Durgin - www.vacationvistas.com) and have never been disappointed. It's not too early to start planning for next year as you can lock in a good rate at a house.

Hope you have fun planning and especially going!

Parker, Colorado
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: what is your favorite island and why?

I'm starting to feel like I have something more in common with just about everyone who posts here in addition to a love for St. John. For 5 years, from 1990-1995, we lived in San Mateo and Redwood City, California. We went to the Gilroy Garlic Festival in July of 1990 and 1991. Hadn't been back since we moved to Atlanta in 1995 until this past April for spring break so the kids could see where they first lived. Travelled through Gilroy enroute to Monterey and Santa Cruz. Oh, the memories... Just had to tell you..... Apparently, having a healthy love of St. John is borderless!

Cheers!