We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narrowed Villa to 3 need Help Deciding!

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
Level Contributor
54 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Narrowed Villa to 3 need Help Deciding!

Hey there, we are planning a trip to St John in early July. Going with another couple, we are all in mid 30's. This is what we want, 2 bedroom Villa that is nice, meaning pictures are what you get. I prefer a newer villa with nice appliciances, pool, etc. The list is narrowed down to 3, thought some of you could help me decide or throw a new one in the mix. Location is somewhat important, we are a bit concerned about the having to drive to a beach, but I know it will be fine. We will be renting a car. Also, we are really trying to stay in the budget of $3,000 to $3,500 max, for a week in a villa.

Can someone give me tips of pricing for groceries, restaurants, etc. We want to cook at the villa but maybe go to dinner or something in town a couple of nites. I know this is a silly question but how much spending money should we bring for a week? My husband might do a fishing trip, but what other day activities cost? Are restaurants expensive? Is there any bars in the town?

1-My first pick, which I'm leaning to is Bongo Bongo. I have read the reviews and everything is great, it's new, not too too far from Cruz Bay.

2- Reef Madness - I like this one but it looks far, on the other side of the island. Is there anything close by like a town to get groceries, etc?

3- Orchid Hill Villa- Doesn't look too bad and close to Cruz Bay

new york
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Narrowed Villa to 3 need Help Deciding!

How much $$ for a week is very subjective What type of activities are you interested in? Boating trips can range from $100.00 and up,snorkel rentals can be $20.00 per day depending on where you go.The restaurants can be expensive I think even if you do alot of eating at your villa you will need minimum of $1,600.00 or about $200.00 per day and that is not for fine dining. One fancy dinner at zozo's or asolare can set you back that much. You can eat for a reasonable price at the bbq,woody's for a burger,cafe roma,lime inn.Bongo Bongo is supposed to be amazing they have numerous pictures on their blog. It is quite amazing that they had the patience to write all of their adventures down and it makes for some entertaining insight into Villa ownership.

Utah
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Narrowed Villa to 3 need Help Deciding!

I know Bongo is very popular and a gorgeous villa. It is also only a year or two old. Reef Madness is brand new, looks awesome and the owners are really great people. Another one that came to mind for you is Miles Away. Another really popular villa and just beautiful with every ammenity you could want. And again, the owners are wonderful! Perelandra is also a nice villa that consistently gets good reviews. Orchid Hill is an older villa. We are actually staying there in June. I love the veranda and pool area. I did speak with a couple who stayed there with another couple and she had nothing but positive comments. Be advised however that Orchid Hill has no A/C. Hope this helps.

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
955 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Narrowed Villa to 3 need Help Deciding!

I am renting Miles Away in November. I have read wonderful things about it.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
54 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Narrowed Villa to 3 need Help Deciding!

Miles Away was 1st on the list, my brother stayed there, but it is booked solid for July. So that is when i started doing the research for another villa:)

5. Re: Narrowed Villa to 3 need Help Deciding!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 17, 2009