We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

I was suppose to be staying at vida de mar and it fell through...any thoughts on vistaero or a new house named Wanderer? You gave me great advice on other villas...thanks earlybrass!!!

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

Here's two more on the southshore within walking distance - both from Catered To

Seagate - on Chocolate Hole is open for the right period and is a nice place, but not i the same class as Monty bay, or Vida

Latitude - this house was with a different rental agency and is now with catered To. The online calendar wasn't working, but this would be ideal. Access to Klien Bay, which is nicer than Chocolate Hole for swimming and snorkeling, and closer to Ditliff Point. Would be my preference and solidly in your price range. Monty bay is better, but you can't go wrong here if there's avilability.

Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

Wow..you know your stuff!

We should open a business!!

thanks for all the help:)

Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

Earlybrass.....i know we wanted beach access..but do u know anything about lyons pride ( i think they are doing a rennoavation that will be done soon) or la dolce vita ( in virgin grand estates)?? Thats new......whats virgin grand estates like? to many neighbors?

Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

i mean la bella vita!

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

Lyon's pride has been in dire need of reservation for several years. It has about the same location as Sago Palms from privatehomevi.com on the west edge of the national Park off Centerline Rd. The views are second only to cathrineberg and some Bordeaux/Ajax houses. It is fairly high up. If the renno is well done, it is a very good location.

Virgin Grand Estates is a 'development' above the westin Hotel overlooking great Cruz Bay with views of St Thomas. The houses are mostly styled in concrete and stone and are quite upscale. Rental rates vary a fair bit and you'll need to check to see if more homes are still be constructed in the area.

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

make that dire need of rennovation... phone calls broke the train of thought

Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

Thanks so much for everything earlybrass...I have looked at all your options...one more question...I have narrowed in down to vistaero and sago plams...what do u think? Final comments?:)))) I REALLY appreciate it!!!

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

If I were choosing for the house only, I'd say Vistearo. It's a very large house with lots of room to larger groups. If I was picking view only, Sago Palms. The Northshore view is mesmerizing. Vistearo will be sunnier and Sago Plams shadier. Either would be an excellent choice.

Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

What about weather in early-mid nov?? If we stay at Sago that's the only week available...also i know I am pushing it with the questions....but does the northshore get sunsets?

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

Nothshore doesn't have much by way of sunsets. Mountains block western views. They're best viewed from Cruz Bay/Great Cruz Bay and a few other southshore areas. Go have a drink at Panini's in Warfside Village or Zozo's bar and watch it set. Northsore has killer views all day long and it's fun watching the yacht's of all sizes sailing to the BVI's and other places on STJ.

Weather in early Nov can be rainy, but not predictably so, and not as rainly as Sept/Oct. Least rainy months are Jan-April

Get answers to your questions about St. John