We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

I was suppose to be staying at vida de mar and it fell through...any thoughts on vistaero or a new house named Wanderer? You gave me great advice on other villas...thanks earlybrass!!!

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

Hi there! Sorry to hear about Vida de Mar. It has become of of the most popular villas. Vistaero is a beautiful place, on par with Vida, but way up high above the beaches. Do ask about the road up to the villa. Depending on your nerves, these locations can be a bit of a thrill ride to get in and out of. Ask Destination St John about it. Even on the southshore the roads can be something of a challenge!

Wanderer is a much smaller villa that is recently (very recently!) redone on the far side of Chocolate Hole. Stayed on Chocolate Hole and it's ok, but not much of a beach. The pool here is much smaller. It would be easier to get in and out of than Vistaero, but doesn't have as nice a view (IMHO). It sort of sits above a little salt pond that always looked a bit mucky to me, and then out to Chocolate Hole, Maria Bluff and beyond to a bit of St Thomas. I'd say they did a wonderful job on the rennovation and it has great porch space, always a plus. If it's the one I think it is (saw it from the house I had on the other side of Chocolate Hole) it's close to the road and sound REALLY carrys here. View is no match for Vistaero and location is no match for Vida.

I'd be inclined to take Vistaero for its quiet loation and great view. If you have a larger group, you may find it more comfortable. Certainly Wanderer is a good house, but you do trade off a bit on the location. I'd prefer one further away from the salt pond. good luck in getting the reservations.

Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

thanks earlybrass...I appreciate it. Vistaero seems to be the only house available that i have looked into....if anyother villas come to mind please let me know. We have three couples that all want to be close to the beach but dont want to spend more than $5000 which is becoming difficult if you want to walk to the beach.

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

dates???

OHIO
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

Hi Bostonsun-

I have been researching villas for 2 months now to find the perfect one for us and we as well were hoping to find one that had beach access or one you could walk to the beach - take a look at Oceanport...it's is beautiful and has a stairway down to the beach. It does not have a pool. That is it's only drawback. The other option is on the East end a villa called "The Retreat" it's very unique and also has steps leading down to it's own private white sandy beach.

Good Luck!

Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

We are looking to go anytime or 7 night from Nov 26th to Dec 17th. I looked into tango mare, ciellodonna, villa rendezvous, arognauta ect....

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

Those are pretty popular dates, but let me do a little checking and see if I find one in that time frame. Happens to be my favorite time to be on St John as well.

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

Ok. Here's the first round. Near beach and in your price range mostly on the east end and St John's Folly (east/southeast) area:

Coral Keep from Windspree.com, they have others, but this is waterfront on a pebble(rock) beach and along with Villa Ventosa (which I think was just sold) the pick of near beach

Astral Villa - from owners only. On vbro.com under carribbean, usvi, st john, Coral Bay I've spoken with the owners in the past and they are very nice folks. You need the full villa for your party.

Pebble Cove - from owners at cloud9villas.com No pool and steps to the beach. You'll need to check availability as this is a very popular villa and it's full calendar is not on line. I spoke with these folks as well as I wanted to rent this house last year and they did not have the 3 weeks window I wanted.

At this point, on the southshore, I can find houses with about a 15 walk to the beach, but none as close as these. I've checked on Hideaways and they have nothing either.

If the east end is not what you want (I happen to love it) you may either have to go with the wildly expensive villas or stay a good walk from the water. The trade-off there is the off water houses often have wonderful views. My favorite off-water house that I've rented is Cinnamon Stones in Cathrineberg from Island-Getaways.net This house has a GREAT view and a very rare heated 40' lap pool. It is perfect for 3 couples, but you rent the view, not water access.

If I find anything else, I'll post it.

Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

Thanks earlybrass...i will check these out!

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

make that www.vrbo.com for Astral villa, I'm typing impaired.

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Earlybrass??? Vistaero??

I just noticed that Monty Bay from Caribbean Villas is open for a week in the timeframe that you're looking for and is only $500 above your limit. It's walking distance to the beach at Klien Bay and a 15 minute hike or long swim to Ditliff. Worth a look.