We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. John wedding reception

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St.Paul
5 posts
Save Topic
St. John wedding reception

I am getting married in St. John and I am still trying to finalize plans for the evening after the ceremony. We are getting married on the beach with about 20 guests, and after the ceremony we are going to Zozo's for a cocktail hour and dinner. Afterwards, I was thinking about going back to our villa for dancing, champagne, and cake. We rented the Vistaero villa, and, looking at the pictures, it appears to have a big patio area around the pool, outdoor bar, tables, etc. However, since I have never seen the villa up close, I wonder if it will be enough room. Has anyone toured this particular villa, and, if so, could you give me some insight as to whether it would be spacious enough on the patio to host a little reception??

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,693 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: St. John wedding reception

I have not seen Vistero personally, but do check with Destination St John to see if a small wedding reception is allowed at the villa as a high number of villas do not allow this and if they do there is a fee - also be aware of the 10pm noise ordinance that is in effect on STJ - even though it is hard to control :)

Sorry I could not help more.

Pia

NH
Level Contributor
278 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. John wedding reception

Ditto to what Pia said about the villa.

I was just married on STJ last month and had our dinner at Zozo's...you'll love it!

St.Paul
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: St. John wedding reception

Good point about the villa and noise ordinance. I just don't know what to do after dinner! Are there any places in town that would have music and dancing??

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: St. John wedding reception

You'll love Zozo's! My wife and I went there the day after our wedding for dinner/champagne... our favorite restaurant every time we go to the island.

With regards to the villa - a group of friends would probably be fine, just not "reception" without letting the management know (normal fee is $1000 +/- 500.

If you didn't have it at your villa, we loved the Beach bar after our beachside reception. You can sit in chairs on the beach and play bocce, often live music, etc... Congrats and have fun!

Tulsa, OK
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: St. John wedding reception

I've actually stayed at the Vistaero and the deck and patio area would be a beautiful setting for dancing, wedding cake, etc. The big challenge would be the parking situation. The driveway is very narrow and steep, and the parking area at the house is tiny. We had 2 jeeps in the parking area - you might be able to squeeze in 3.

6. Re: St. John wedding reception

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, September 12, 2009